Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just been given a Surface RT

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Just been given a Surface RT

It's in perfect nick with soft cover. Done all the updates and it looks like Win 10 now with the start menu.
    Very chuffed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    It's in perfect nick with soft cover. Done all the updates and it looks like Win 10 now with the start menu.
    Very chuffed.
    Jamie has a surface 2 RT that she doesn't use all that much......

I have a demo coming if this HP competitor to the surface pro 4 because I'm carrying around a big probook when I travel and this thing looks sweet.

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    HP... shudder....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    HP... shudder....
    people always say that but we are almost exclusively HP and have ZERO problems. Maybe it's the difference between enterprise stuff and consumer stuff, but I don't buy all the HP hate.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    chuffed?

Is that a sex term?
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    chuffed?

Is that a sex term?
    no, CHAFED ...

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    HP consumer stuff has a nasty habit of overheating and dying just out of warranty. I have to give more HP owners bad news than any other make.

Chuffed, very happy, but now not so happy, it won't print to my cheapo xerox workcentre No ARM driver available and the generics don't work either.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    HP consumer stuff has a nasty habit of overheating and dying just out of warranty. I have to give more HP owners bad news than any other make.
    from the enterprise side, we are VERY happy. I still have enterpise desktops from back in 2007 with p4s and pentium D's that with some more RAM and Solid state drives run windows 7/10 like a boss. Both of the servers in our house are those same hp enterprise pcs running windows server with raid cards and drives. Stuff is SOLID. And the same is true for our HP servers. For as old as a lot of them are, the problems we have are few and far between and honestly given the age, not unexpected.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    ...it won't print to my cheapo xerox workcentre No ARM driver available and the generics don't work either.
    If only we knew of somebody who knew how to work on such things. Where would one go to look for help with Windows Drivers? Wouldn't it be a great idea if...oh wait.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    from the enterprise side, we are VERY happy. I still have enterpise desktops from back in 2007 with p4s and pentium D's that with some more RAM and Solid state drives run windows 7/10 like a boss. Both of the servers in our house are those same hp enterprise pcs running windows server with raid cards and drives. Stuff is SOLID. And the same is true for our HP servers. For as old as a lot of them are, the problems we have are few and far between and honestly given the age, not unexpected.
    I also like HP's equipment line. Are there bugs here and there? Sure. But I've found that if you give them good cooling and good, clean power, they (like most things) can run practically forever. Yes, the cooling fans go out; they gotta be replaced. Keep a supply of redundant power supplies on hand too as well as a good stock of hot-swappable disks; HP usually uses Seagate as the actual disk mech. Pretty reliable for the most part.