Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So that's what a heart attack feels like?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Yes, moderation in everything and all you do. Don't go overboard on ANYthing!
    Except Sex go overboard on sex.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    I try to keep fit, OK I like a beer and a bag of popcorn, but I've always thought I did enough to stave off any heart problems. Until last Monday..

So I took my mountain bike off down to local canal path last Monday evening, it was bitterly cold and dark, and I didn't have enough layers on top and my chest got cold. After a mile I started to get chest pains and though "you idiot" for not wearing enough layers. I had to stop as it hurt bad, no arm pain at all, and just blamed the freezing cold weather. Same after mile 2, mile 3, 4 etc up to mile 8 when I got back home.
    Through the week I walked vigorously for 2 miles each lunch break, no pains.
    Saturday morning taking my son to soccer practice I had the pain again and had to sit down, after a few minutes it went again. Now I'm worried. When we got home I did a gentle run around the yard and more pains so that's when I decided to visit the local hospital, luckily 2 miles up the road.

Turns out I had a coronary artery in the heart which was 95% blocked, so on the bike ride I'd had a warning shot, on the Saturday I'd had a minor heart attack. Been in the hospital acute assessment unit for 5 days and went for an angiogram yesterday where they found the issue and put a stent in there to open the artery again. I'm now on pills for life, and lots of them.

The surgeon who did the procedure said that by not coming in after mile 1 of the bike ride "I'd walked to the edge of the cliff and had a look over the side". I know some on here have already been there, but please guys, if you get any chest pains don't be an idiot like me.
    Wow. Sorry bud. :-(

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I hope that you're okay. I've witnessed a man having a heart attack and it is really terrible thing to see. You feel helpless in that moment...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnyBravo View Post
    I hope that you're okay. I've witnessed a man having a heart attack and it is really terrible thing to see. You feel helpless in that moment...
    Yeah, I basically watched my old man spend 11 years dying from a bad heart and lung cancer. Now, a surgeon can put in a couple of stints in day surgery. Even if you have some basic first aid training, you can only do so much, and just pray that EMS gets on site quickly.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Here is an update:
    Nov 20, 2015 massive "three way" heart attack, consisting of 98% blockage, ventricular fibrillation, and myocardial infarct resulting in 45% remaining viable heart tissue. Fast forward to Jan 29, 2017. Nuclear stress test reveals the two stents, and NO evidence of ischemia or infarct. In other words, heart is 100% healed. The doctors have no rational medical explanation. I attribute the following:

http://www.arcticchaga.com

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Here is an update:
    Nov 20, 2015 massive "three way" heart attack, consisting of 98% blockage, ventricular fibrillation, and myocardial infarct resulting in 45% remaining viable heart tissue. Fast forward to Jan 29, 2017. Nuclear stress test reveals the two stents, and NO evidence of ischemia or infarct. In other words, heart is 100% healed. The doctors have no rational medical explanation. I attribute the following:

Great News!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Here is an update:

Excellent news, keep up the good work!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Great!

Gazzak, how is your heart doing? It seems like you had a heart attack also.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    Great!

Gazzak, how is your heart doing? It seems like you had a heart attack also.
    I got the all clear earlier this year, like Tekboy I got lucky and my heart is fully recovered. I have to take tablets to keep my blood pressure regular, heartbeat lower, to thin the blood and to keep cholesterol levels lower. I get regular blood tests now which show good things. My lifestyle is changed now so that my intake is much healthier and my exercise regime is a minimum of 30 minutes cardio per day, (did 70 minutes coming in to work on the bike this morning, will do the same getting home too). Obviously the stent and tablets are there for life, but the long term outlook is a normal life.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Here is an update:

That's an interesting site and product. Maybe I'll try the product. My problem is that now I'm so cynical, I mistrust everything. I know that's a screwed up way of thinking, but that's just where my mind is these days. Still, thanks for the tip. I'll think about it.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!