Thread: Happy with where Disney is going with Star Wars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It all depends on what is interpreted as Star Wars canon. I don't know who the nerds are that get to decide that.

I thought the story of Force Awakens was weak and full of plot holes. It felt rushed and the story telling incomplete. I liked it enough that I will still refer to J.J. Abrams by name and not Jar Jar Abrams but it was close. Obviously the movie is set up to be a trilogy but that should have afforded some time to better explain things are at least drop better hints on things to come.

Since the next movie is a stand alone, I am thinking it will be much better.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    It all depends on what is interpreted as Star Wars canon. I don't know who the nerds are that get to decide that.

I thought the story of Force Awakens was weak and full of plot holes. It felt rushed and the story telling incomplete. I liked it enough that I will still refer to J.J. Abrams by name and not Jar Jar Abrams but it was close. Obviously the movie is set up to be a trilogy but that should have afforded some time to better explain things are at least drop better hints on things to come.

Since the next movie is a stand alone, I am thinking it will be much better.
    Well, in so far as what is canonical or not, I can't say I care much. YC has seen it in theaters 3 times, and I bought it for her as soon as it was released. I've watched it twice now with conflicting feelings.

The first time through, I thought it was way too much of a homage (I think that's French for ripoff) of the original movie. I understood the rationale behind this, but I still kept asking myself questions like, "The First Order? Who the Hell are these guys and how did they get so powerful?" I found Finn's character unlikely, Rey's progress in mastering the Force too rapid and too easy, and I also didn't much care for Darth Weanie.

The second time I watched it, I just turned off some of my judgmental functions, and found I enjoyed the movie a lot more by just taking the film on its own terms and setting aside my preconceptions and expectations. That made it a lot more fun.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Obviously the movie is set up to be a trilogy but that should have afforded some time to better explain things are at least drop better hints on things to come.
    Keep watching it. I saw it three or four times at the theater, one or two times a little while later, and once in the last week since I bought the Blu-ray. I think I pick up on something new each time.