I have to assume at some point a bunch of people were sitting around at Disney and noticed how well doing endless super hero movies has been going. Would it be possible to replicate that success somehow? Somebody must have noticed that Star Wars is essentially a super hero movie. "I have an idea. Let's buy Star Wars. We can't screw things up any worse than Lucas did with Hayden Christensen and the upside is enormous if we do well."

Sure enough, The Force Awakens was very well received by the average movie goer and it set box office records. I assumed episode eight would be the next movie made but that is not the case. Instead, they are going to take a break and go back to just prior to episode four. If you have not yet seen the trailer, the link is below. I am excited already.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3748528/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

By the way, since my title mentions how happy I am with Disney, I am sure somebody will counter with something Disney did wrong with the movie. Actually, I have to admit I did not find it perfect either but I certainly liked it a LOT. My only real complaint is that they deviated away from the facts already established in the Star Wars universe during the writing of countless books. The two most notable deviations would be Han and Leia's son "Ben". In the books they did have three kids but it was Luke's kid who was named Ben. Also, in the books, Chewbacca dies prior to episode seven.