Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Just an FYI for edit... when editing click on "Go Advanced", then save.
    Still being wonky. Maybe a glitch with Chrome 50.x?
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    When I save an edit with Firefox, nothing appears to happen but if I go to another page and come back, my edits have taken effect. I think it is just one of the issues with this site and is not specific to any particular browser.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    When I save an edit with Firefox, nothing appears to happen but if I go to another page and come back, my edits have taken effect. I think it is just one of the issues with this site and is not specific to any particular browser.
    I think you're right, I've experienced that as well. I'm also using Chrome.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    Just "Go Advanced" instead of saving, then it will work.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I saw Ted Cruz on teevee yesterday trying to appeal to Donald Trump supporters. It was quite comical. He's trying to be all easy going, putting on his best average guy voice. The crowd was having none of it and called him Lyin' Ted to his face!

I'm just tickled by the GOP at this point. They have been cultivating a culture of lies, deceit and unrealistic expectations for decades and now the electorate has had enough. A guy comes along telling them exactly what they want to hear and suddenly, he's their saviour! We'll just go ahead and ignore the fact that none of his promises can be realized without the help of congress. And we all know that congress is so fractured there's nothing they can accomplish.

All the polling suggests that The Donald will easily win Indiana today, but will Cruz throw in the towel? Doesn't seem likely.

Just like on the D side, there's no mathematical solution to Bernie's predicament, but he's not throwing in the towel either.

I get that people are not happy with the way things are going. But do they not understand how the government works? The President doesn't write law, he signs legislation into law. Congress does the writing. And as far as Sanders goes, he's been in congress long enough to know and yet he lies to his "followers" that he's going to get these things done! It makes no difference what the president says should be done. If there isn't a huge contingent IN congress to do the writing and passing of desired legislation, those things will not get done.

And why do Pols tell their constituents they will "stop" what ever side they oppose? They know it takes compromise to pass anything. Just dragging your feet in opposition does not benefit our country. And it's against the oath of office they take.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Actually, these days, I think everyone but congress is writing the laws. They just stall them out in committees

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    Actually, these days, I think everyone but congress is writing the laws. They just stall them out in committees
    ^^^THIS^^^

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Not only does CONgress do nothing when in session, they really take a lot of sick days.

https://www.congress.gov/days-in-session/1
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Is anyone watching the RNC convention?

I had to turn it off. I was going to watch Jeopardy! but that channel also had the convention. Everything I need to know about it I got from twitter.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I've been trying to catch it on the RNC channel without all the talking heads and spin. I'm sure you're getting that spin on twitter.

The DNC will do the same next week. Again, without all the distortions thrown out there by the so called commentators.