Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Politics

It struck me as unusual that we haven't had any rousing political conversations in this election cycle. Why is that, do you think?
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because all the worst candidates continue to get votes from teh dumb people...

Cruz or Kasich are good choices, but they can't get out of each others way. And Drumpf...fug I can't believe there are people taking him seriously!!!

I like Bernie, I'd have him over to my house but the last thing I want is for him to fug up the taxes the way he wants to. Hillary is Obama in a dress. Wasn't happy with him, not happy with her. And the level of entitlement she possesses is off the chart.

I would love to hear what everyone has to say about Cruz's flat tax concept. Video is set to start right there:
    https://youtu.be/wDu2fWId8CA?t=788

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I would not vote for Cruz if he was the only person running.

This is a guy who ran for office on the platform that government isn't working. As soon as he got to Washington, he helped to bring the entire federal government to a halt and then proudly proclaimed "See, I TOLD you government isn't working!"

But that's not actually the reason I would never vote for him. I respect other people's religion. I was brought up Catholic, strictly. But these pols that want to foist their version of Christianity on the populace is pretty much beyond the pale, in my opinion. Putting the 1st amendment aside, they really have Christianity all wrong. They are not real Christians in the sense they want to emulate Jesus Christ. But rather they practice a form of religion that is anything but Christ like. And that is what they want to foist on the populace. Their opinion that our whole country is going down the toilet because of all the immorality is pure bullsh*t. You can't legislate morality. And you don't have to be religious to be moral.

That is reason number one. Reason number two is his stance on abortion. He doesn't believe in exceptions in cases of rape or incest. Now I ask you, if you put the *potential* life of a fetus over the actual life (and sovereign rights) of a victim, what does that say about you and how you feel about the rights of that victim?
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fi View Post
    I would love to hear what everyone has to say about Cruz's flat tax concept. Video is set to start right there:
    https://youtu.be/wDu2fWId8CA?t=788
    The picture of Cruz should be in the Encyclopedia depicting the word "slime".

The numbers simply don't add up and the flat tax is the wet dream of the top earners - in 2013 the tax returns with $500k+ produced $431bil on $1373bil of income, for a net average income tax rate of 31%
    https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/13in12ms.xls

In 2012 all taxable income of businesses was $1150bil https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/12coccr.pdf
    Taxing 16% would net 184bil.
    The taxable income of those making $40k+ was $5900bil in 2013. Taxing at 10% would bring $590bil. Even taking out all deductions and applying 10% to those making 40k+ it would still be only 784bil.
    Total $774bil in tax vs currently $2T collected in income tax https://www.irs.gov/uac/SOI-Tax-Stat...ts-at-a-Glance

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post

This is a guy who ran for office on the platform that government isn't working. As soon as he got to Washington, he helped to bring the entire federal government to a halt and then proudly proclaimed "See, I TOLD you government isn't working!"

But that's not actually the reason I would never vote for him. I respect other people's religion. I was brought up Catholic, strictly. But these pols that want to foist their version of Christianity on the populace is pretty much beyond the pale, in my opinion. Putting the 1st amendment aside, they really have Christianity all wrong. They are not real Christians in the sense they want to emulate Jesus Christ. But rather they practice a form of religion that is anything but Christ like. And that is what they want to foist on the populace. Their opinion that our whole country is going down the toilet because of all the immorality is pure bullsh*t. You can't legislate morality. And you don't have to be religious to be moral.

That is reason number one. Reason number two is his stance on abortion. He doesn't believe in exceptions in cases of rape or incest. Now I ask you, if you put the *potential* life of a fetus over the actual life (and sovereign rights) of a victim, what does that say about you and how you feel about the rights of that victim?
    I actually agree with pretty much everything you said there.

I know, crazy huh?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    I actually agree with pretty much everything you said there.

I know, crazy huh?
    I think we could get more done in this nation if we start by talking about the things we agree on.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Tru Dat!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It struck me as unusual that we haven't had any rousing political conversations in this election cycle. Why is that, do you think?
    We're getting old?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    because both sides know their people suck.

The primaries this cycle has really opened everyones eyes that our votes pretty much do not matter.

I think I would rather take a Ped Egg to my nutsack and take a saltwater bath.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Cruz is a standup guy, he says he's there to shake things up, that's what he's done. I don't see it as he is the one that shut down anything, rather he rattled a cage and the birdsh!t went everywhere.

As far as the religious discontent your feel, I for one and so far from religious, but I can see that religious rights are being trampled. All they are asking for is some protection so they can't be sued for a deeply held conviction or belief. And yeah, he's a religious candidate, but don't all the candidates pander to the religious? let one candidate come out and say he respects and supports all religions but he/she is atheist...boom, out of the election for good.

As far as abortion, look I get it, some instances abortion should be a right that is protected, after all a 42 year old ruling has been upheld ever since. But conservative numbers estimate approximately 52 million aborts have been performed in the US alone. That's more dead then all the war's we've ever been in...and NOT A ONE of those souls had a chance or a say in the matter. Where is their protection under the law? As far as Hillary is concerned you don't have rights until the day you take your first breath. That's just barbaric plain and simple.