Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool computer hardware poster

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Cool computer hardware poster

One of our students came in today with a printed version of this poster. All of our students are studying for the A+ so this is a pretty cool poster for them. The one the student brought in today is a little hard to read so I think I will have this printed at Costco and then hang it up.

www.sonic84.com

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Cool, but why? 90% of the stuff there is obsolete and probably none of us will see those except in a forgotten box in the basement.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Cool, but why? 90% of the stuff there is obsolete and probably none of us will see those except in a forgotten box in the basement.
    Because CompTIA still has it on their tests. I have heard they have updated some of the stuff but some of the legacy stuff goes way back. When was the last time anyone had to worry about an IRQ?
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    There's plenty of obsolete stuff still being used out there. The 2012 release of the A+ included XP but the 2015 release does not. Still, there is plenty of other old stuff covered on the 2015 release. Personally, I think it is a good idea.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    In Eastern Europe some of that stuff is cutting edge. You should see the printers!!

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oi! I resemble that remark!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    In Eastern Europe some of that stuff is cutting edge. You should see the printers!!
    Dot Matrix is not just a character on Spaceballs.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Dot Matrix is not just a character on Spaceballs.
    While flying across the country a little over a month ago, I noticed that Delta Airlines was still using Okidata DM printers to print flight manifests!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    While flying across the country a little over a month ago, I noticed that Delta Airlines was still using Okidata DM printers to print flight manifests!
    I just hooked a MicroLine 320 up to the network in one of our little county offices about 2 months ago - still a need some places for impact printers to do carbon forms I guess but it shocked the hell out of me!
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    I just hooked a MicroLine 320 up to the network in one of our little county offices about 2 months ago - still a need some places for impact printers to do carbon forms I guess but it shocked the hell out of me!
    Our shipping department used a DM until fairly recently because our BOL's were carbon forms. New software and repair demands prompted the change to where it was just simpler to make extra copies and forgo the carbons.