Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Memorable Quotes Redux

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Memorable Quotes Redux

I know we've done this before, but I'm too lazy to track down the thread. Still, this is too good not to share:

“I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth — rocks!”
    ―Albert Einstein
    Source/Notes:
    In an interview with Alfred Werner, published in Liberal Judaism 16 (April-May 1949). Often misquoted as "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Read more at http://izquotes.com/quote/56354
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    http://www.umpirebob.com/data/yogiisms.htm

"You can observe a lot by watching."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

Francis of Assisi
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I keep a list of quotes I like and add to it from time to time.

“Just because you’re in the driver’s seat, doesn’t mean you have to run people over.” – Randy Pausch from The Last Lecture.

“When you are screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore, that means they’ve given up on you. You may not want to hear it, but your critics are often the ones telling you they still love you and care about you, and want to make you better.” – Randy Pausch from The Last Lecture.

“Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn." - Marla Jones.

“When two elephants fight, it is the grass that gets trampled.” – African proverb.

“Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.” - Henry Ford.

“In my experience, the thing that has the most significant impact on a budget – but never shows up in a budget – is morale. If you have low morale, for every dollar you spend, you get 25 cents of value. If you have high morale, for every dollar you spend, you get about $3 of value.” – Brad Bird, director of Ratatouille and other award winning films at Pixar Animation Studios.

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily” – Zig Ziglar

“The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism” – Norman Vincent Peale

"Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership." – Colin Powell

“The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects to change it; the realist adjusts the sails” – William Arthur Ward

“Do the right thing and then figure out how to make it good business” – Fred Keller, Cascade Engineering

“Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can” – John Wesley, English religious leader (1703 – 1791)

“Sow a thought and you reap an action; sow an act and you reap a habit; sow a habit and you reap a character; sow a character and you reap a destiny” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime” – Mark Twain

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, shouting GERONIMO!" - Hunter S. Thompson from Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs.

“There is just one thing I can promise you about the outer-space program: Your tax dollar will go farther.” – Wernher von Braun, quoted in NAM News

“Success has many fathers but failure is an orphan.” – Proverb

“There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.” – Mary Kay Ash

“A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.” – General George Patton.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    "When in Rome, do as the Romanians do". -Arthur Fonzarelli

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Forgiveness

Forgiveness is the wind blown bud which blooms in placid beauty at Verdun. Forgiveness is the tiny slate gray sparrow which has built it's nest of twigs and string among the shards of glass upon the wall of shame. Forgiveness is the child who laughs in merry ecstasy beneath the toothed fence that closes in DaNang. Forgiveness is the fragrance of the violet which still clings fast to the heel that crushed it. Forgiveness is the broken dream which hides itself within the corner of the mind called forgetfulness, so that it will not bring pain to the dreamer. Forgiveness is the reed which stands up straight and green, when nature's mighty rampage halts, full spent. Forgiveness is a God, who will not leave us after all we've done.

George Roemisch
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    “The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.”
    ―Friedrich Nietzsche
    Read more at http://izquotes.com/quote/135848
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    I keep a list of quotes I like and add to it from time to time.
    Yeah, I did kinda hijack the old thread, but I just didn't have the patience to find it. The Einstein quote about the Third and Fourth World Wars was actually in the foreword of a novel I just read. Compelled to post!
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Beauty is in the eye when you hold her - Ricky
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Frank Zappa
    “I think that if a person doesn't feel cynical then they're out of phase with the 20th century. Being cynical is the only way to deal with modern civilization, you can't just swallow it whole.”
    ―Frank Zappa

“There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”
    ―Frank Zappa
    Read more at http://izquotes.com/quote/280337ead more at http://izquotes.com/quote/280337
    Last edited by slgrieb; 07-24-2015 at 08:46 PM.
    WIFFLEBALL!