Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-sale concert tickets through American Express

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Pre-sale concert tickets through American Express

Paul McCartney is coming to Grand Rapids. Yippee! Ticket prices are supposed to be $29.50 to $253. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Monday but American Express has a pre-sale today. What I did not realize is the American Express tickets range in price from $475 to $2100 because they include some extras (access to sound check, souvenirs, etc.). When I tried to find information about this last night, I did not see anything but it is readily available today.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/americanexpress

http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/39..._merchslot_vip

Oh well, so the presale was a waste of time. I will try again Monday. The only thing I am willing to get are the $29.50 tickets which I am sure will sell out in literally seconds. The next cheapest ones are $99 which is more than what I want to spend. Plus, there are all the fees. If I do get a couple $29.50 tickets, I bet their price will nearly double after all the fees are assessed.
    Last edited by Pinnacle-Project; 04-28-2016 at 03:11 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sir Paul added a second show here, demand was very high.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I have given up on concerts in large venues. It is almost impossible to get tickets when brokers and radio stations by them all up. I wanted to get tickets to see Metallica at the new stadium in Minneapolis, that is not happening. I know what the sold the tickets for and I know how much the brokers are getting. I thought that shit was made illegal but I guess you can scalp tickets if you have a license.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    The only thing I am willing to get are the $29.50 tickets which I am sure will sell out in literally seconds.
    *IF* they do indeed exist, they are probably the shittiest seats you can get, like behind the scene in the top row.
    Also don't forget the fees which will make the ticket some $50.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I have given up on concerts in large venues. It is almost impossible to get tickets when brokers and radio stations by them all up. I wanted to get tickets to see Metallica at the new stadium in Minneapolis, that is not happening. I know what the sold the tickets for and I know how much the brokers are getting. I thought that shit was made illegal but I guess you can scalp tickets if you have a license.
    Also now I'm old enough to still want to see the bands but not want to be in the crowd, standing all night. Going to see Jason Isbell and Lucero in New Braunfels in Sept, ended up spending crap tons more than the normal GA tickets so we could have seats. Only exception are the shows at the horse track, it is only GA. Went to see Randy Rogers last Saturday, so between the standing during the races then standing for the show, feet were f'n worthless the next day. Aging is so stupid...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Also don't forget the fees which will make the ticket some $50.
    I agree with you 100%

See my original post.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    Also now I'm old enough to still want to see the bands but not want to be in the crowd, standing all night.
    Same with me. I don't have the interest in concerts that I once did but I could make an exception for Paul McCartney. Last summer, I was in Chicago for a CompTIA conference. Across the street, Lollapalooza was going on in Grant Park. As luck would have it, my room faced the park. On the night Paul McCartney performed, I missed most of the concert because there was another stage in between my room and his stage but I was able to hear 30 minutes of his show. I really enjoyed it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh, and how f'n late they start. I love these smaller Texas Country/Red Dirt/Southern Rock type bands, but damn they start so late.

Get off my lawn

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    You couldn't pay me the price of those tickets to get me to want to go to see Paul Mc. Not a fan, never was, hate that they get such notoriety when they really were just at the right place in history with the luck of great marketing.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleetus View Post
    Also now I'm old enough to still want to see the bands but not want to be in the crowd, standing all night. Going to see Jason Isbell and Lucero in New Braunfels in Sept, ended up spending crap tons more than the normal GA tickets so we could have seats. Only exception are the shows at the horse track, it is only GA. Went to see Randy Rogers last Saturday, so between the standing during the races then standing for the show, feet were f'n worthless the next day. Aging is so stupid...
    Going to New Braunfels is a pretty long haul for you. Damn! You must really want to see this act. One of the things I miss about living in Austin was that any band you wanted to hear would sooner or later show up. No travelling required. I hate this whole getting old shit. I spend quite a bit of floor time disconnecting and reconnecting hardware and getting up and down isn't so pleasant.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!