Thread: Adding an account to Outlook

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Adding an account to Outlook

I currently have my own work email setup on Outlook. All good.
    We also have a distribution list that users send questions to and those emails are distributed to me and a couple of other guys. The email they send to for support is in the same domain.

My question is, how can I reply from Outlook and it looks to users as if it's coming from the email that they send questions to rather than my own domain account?

I have access to the exchange system so can make necessary changes to the distribution list if necessary.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    If the e-mail is setup as an account, just add it to your outlook profile and then reply directly from it. We have it setup here so everytime I open Outlook I have my domain account and the support email as well. You may obviously have to change it from a distribution e-mail to an account e-mail if that makes sense. (I forget all the terminology as it's been a while since I was allowed on an e-mail server...)

The other support guys would also need to add the account to their profile as well as effectively the distribution list would no longer exist.... I hope this all makes sense, it does in my head.... then again a lot of things make sense in my head that baffle others...
    Last edited by corturbra; 02-18-2014 at 12:29 PM.

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    What he said, then you can use the drop down that appears on the "From" button to choose which account it should go from. You must of course have smtp rights on the account in question.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    What he said, then you can use the drop down that appears on the "From" button to choose which account it should go from. You must of course have smtp rights on the account in question.
    Right, and by default it should reply using the account the message was sent to.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Can't add a distribution list email to outlook. Needs to be a mailbox. I attempted to create a mailbox using the same address but no go. I've deleted the distribution list and hopefully it won't be too long before it lets me add a mailbox with the same name.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sorted. Added the account as a mailbox rather than a distribution list, setup Outlook for an additional account, now have the ability to send as the primary account or this new account.

Never normally go near the Exchange system so was being over cautious!