Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well, if it isn't the good ol' web slinger himself. Good to see your smilin' face. And many congrats on getting marriage. They say it'll increase your life span. I'm not so sure.

I'm working two jobs which together don't pay as much as my one good job 5 years ago. But we do what we gotta do. Thanks Obama. Just had to throw that in there.

My daughter is a store manager at Five Guys Burgers & Fries here in TX. She's making more money than I am. My son is finally getting himself clean and within the weight standards to go into the Navy. But he'll be leaving his hot girlfriend behind so that's a big deal too.

Each and every day is a blessing. Sometimes I wake up and immediately give thanks that I'm still alive. This getting old sh|t is for the birds. And I'm still in relatively good health!

Anyway, good to know you're still alive and well. Come join in on the convos sometime.
    Last edited by JaxSon; 02-13-2017 at 06:00 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    I'm 58 in May. Scaled business down to one guy picking up and delivering computers, and myself and a full timer doing onsite work and repair of the picked up pcs. Much more time with family, and just about the same income. But a ton of less headaches. Grandchild number nine due in a few days. So many concerts, sporting games to attend.

Just got my CCW. Getting too old to feel comfortable about defending myself. Been shooting since I was 20.

Webby, I am happy for you. Any little spiders in the future?

Gazzak, so sorry to hear about the medications.

Pinnacle 24 years. I'm on 22. I'm on the menopause train express, I keep pulling the cord, but it won't stop so I can get off....
    Congrats on your upcoming grandchild! Well, thing of it is, that there was a little spider on the way. At around week 18 we lost the little guy. Baby was healthy but the water broke way too early and I won't talk much more about it. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. Anyway, I'm not here to bum people out. Life goes on and I'm hopeful for the future. Thanks for asking about it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Well, if it isn't the good ol' web slinger himself. Good to see your smilin' face. And many congrats on getting marriage. They say it'll increase your life span. I'm not so sure.

I'm working two jobs which together don't pay as much as my one good job 5 years ago. But we do what we gotta do. Thanks Obama. Just had to throw that in there.

My daughter is a store manager at Five Guys Burgers & Fries here in TX. She's making more money than I am. My son is finally getting himself clean and within the weight standards to go into the Navy. But he'll be leaving his hot girlfriend behind so that's a big deal too.

Each and every day is a blessing. Sometimes I wake up and immediately give thanks that I'm still alive. This getting old sh|t is for the birds. And I'm still in relatively good health!

Anyway, good to know you're still alive and well. Come join in on the convos sometime.
    Thanks man. So far I think you're right. I feel I have way more to do lately and I'm busier than ever, but in general I'm happier than I've ever been.

And yeah, I know what you mean. I'm setting the bar high right now. Hoping to find something better soon. But in the end, I'll do what I have to do to pay rent and stuff.

Also, I can relate. Every day is a gift. I've realized that more than ever lately. In fact, that's part of why I wanted to post here. Just wanted to see how everyone is doing.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Congrats on your upcoming grandchild! Well, thing of it is, that there was a little spider on the way. At around week 18 we lost the little guy. Baby was healthy but the water broke way too early and I won't talk much more about it. Just wasn't meant to be I guess. Anyway, I'm not here to bum people out. Life goes on and I'm hopeful for the future. Thanks for asking about it.
    Sorry to hear that.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well, thing of it is, that there was a little spider on the way. At around week 18 we lost the little guy.
    Dayum!

I offer my sympathies. No one should have this happen. Sorry dude.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Webby ...Hug ... sorry man

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks all. It's ok. That was a dark time but we got through it. I don't wish anytime like that on my worst enemy though.

Anyway, onward. Move forward. Remain hopeful.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks all. It's ok. That was a dark time but we got through it. I don't wish anytime like that on my worst enemy though.

Anyway, onward. Move forward. Remain hopeful.
    Thumbs up....
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    sorry webs. I kinda figured that's what you were referring to about the tragedy

Things for me are OK. Work is busy (lots of travel) Kids are doing well (Aidan is 3 years cancer free) Jamie and I are happy. We were just starting to get things together financially and of course we just got hit with a torn dog acl on champ which is likely to set us back 3 to 5 thousand dollars. We have a 24 months same as cash credit card, but I hate taking on that much debt when we are just getting stuff together, but there's not much we can do. If we don't fix it he's going to blow out the other leg and we can't even consider putting him down...he's too young and everyone would be crushed. Seems like the way it is for me, 2 steps forward and then 3 giant steps back. We were just starting to talk seriously about building in the next few years. This is going to put a little bit of a crimp in that, but I guess we'll do what we can.....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    sorry webs. I kinda figured that's what you were referring to about the tragedy

Things for me are OK. Work is busy (lots of travel) Kids are doing well (Aidan is 3 years cancer free) Jamie and I are happy. We were just starting to get things together financially and of course we just got hit with a torn dog acl on champ which is likely to set us back 3 to 5 thousand dollars. We have a 24 months same as cash credit card, but I hate taking on that much debt when we are just getting stuff together, but there's not much we can do. If we don't fix it he's going to blow out the other leg and we can't even consider putting him down...he's too young and everyone would be crushed. Seems like the way it is for me, 2 steps forward and then 3 giant steps back. We were just starting to talk seriously about building in the next few years. This is going to put a little bit of a crimp in that, but I guess we'll do what we can.....
    Oh man, I didn't know about that. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Poor guy. Yeah, that does suck having to spend that much money -- especially when things are just getting settled. It seems like that is the way of life. Hard to really ever get out of having debt and there's always something going on. It'll be worth it though. Champ will appreciate your help getting him back on his feet.

Oh and yeah, that was the tragedy. I never posted it on FB though. It was just too hard. I had posted the good news on FB originally on January 1st of 2016 and then shortly after, that all went down. The main thing I have taken from it all though is that every moment is a gift -- because you never know when another moment will come along. It's important to take the gifts we are given and really appreciate them. I'm sure everyone here can relate in one way or another. This is all life.
    Last edited by Webhead; 02-14-2017 at 08:41 PM.