Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My wife had several miscarriages, but I currently have a 21 year old daughter in the Navy, and a 19 year old daughter in college majoring in graphics design. I became a Dad for the first time at 43. It's usually better to focus on the future rather than the past.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Oh man, I didn't know about that. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Poor guy. Yeah, that does suck having to spend that much money -- especially when things are just getting settled. It seems like that is the way of life. Hard to really ever get out of having debt and there's always something going on. It'll be worth it though. Champ will appreciate your help getting him back on his feet.

Oh and yeah, that was the tragedy. I never posted it on FB though. It was just too hard. I had posted the good news on FB originally on January 1st of 2016 and then shortly after, that all went down. The main thing I have taken from it all though is that every moment is a gift -- because you never know when another moment will come along. It's important to take the gifts we are given and really appreciate them. I'm sure everyone here can relate in one way or another. This is all life.
    While I've never experienced that, my wife has worked for years in the L&D field and is constantly telling me of people having something like this happen. Most of them then go on to have a successful pregnancy later on, so while it's a tragedy, it's not necessarily the end.

Good to see you again Webby!
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sorry to hear Webby... unfortunately I know how it is.
    Keep your hopes high, as you probably already know this is a fairly common occurrence.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That's something I definitely learned -- that it's much more common than I had realized before. It's just something people don't talk about much. But I'm still hopeful.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That's something I definitely learned -- that it's much more common than I had realized before. It's just something people don't talk about much. But I'm still hopeful.
    I'm so sorry for your loss Webby.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh man, I didn't know about that. I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Poor guy. Yeah, that does suck having to spend that much money -- especially when things are just getting settled. It seems like that is the way of life. Hard to really ever get out of having debt and there's always something going on. It'll be worth it though. Champ will appreciate your help getting him back on his feet.

Oh and yeah, that was the tragedy. I never posted it on FB though. It was just too hard. I had posted the good news on FB originally on January 1st of 2016 and then shortly after, that all went down. The main thing I have taken from it all though is that every moment is a gift -- because you never know when another moment will come along. It's important to take the gifts we are given and really appreciate them. I'm sure everyone here can relate in one way or another. This is all life.
    Yes, every day is a gift. I came to that realization when my wife blew that artery out in Oct. 2010. Then, later, I had a massive heart attack in Nov 2015, and according to my medical records, I was stone cold dead for 17 minutes. Not only did CPR keep me alive, it kept me from being a rutabaga or something. I consider myself to be very blessed to be alive, and to be able to do the things I get to do.

My oldest granddaughter just got married in the last couple of weeks, to a young man just out of Basic Training in the Army. They seem to have their heads on straight, which is commendable these days. They have been friends since middle school or something. I am happy for them.

I recently took a stress test, with scanning and everything. Except for the two stents in my heart, there is NO evidence that I ever had that heart attack! So yeah, every day is a gift. I am about to turn 67 this coming Tuesday, and I am just beginning to "speed up" again! Nice to see you, Webhead. Sorry for your loss, but I love your attitude. I have developed a new motto recently:

"It is not what happens that causes me to have a bad day, but my response to those actions". It seems to be helping quite a lot.

Been Reading A whole lot of Marion Zimmer Bradley, Tolkien, and Heinlein.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Hey Tekboy you want some Heinein In audio book format ? I have them all on MP3 Just have to figure out a way to transfer them to ya.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Hey Tekboy you want some Heinein In audio book format ? I have them all on MP3 Just have to figure out a way to transfer them to ya.
    wetransfer.com

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Yes, every day is a gift. I came to that realization when my wife blew that artery out in Oct. 2010. Then, later, I had a massive heart attack in Nov 2015, and according to my medical records, I was stone cold dead for 17 minutes. Not only did CPR keep me alive, it kept me from being a rutabaga or something. I consider myself to be very blessed to be alive, and to be able to do the things I get to do.

My oldest granddaughter just got married in the last couple of weeks, to a young man just out of Basic Training in the Army. They seem to have their heads on straight, which is commendable these days. They have been friends since middle school or something. I am happy for them.

I recently took a stress test, with scanning and everything. Except for the two stents in my heart, there is NO evidence that I ever had that heart attack! So yeah, every day is a gift. I am about to turn 67 this coming Tuesday, and I am just beginning to "speed up" again! Nice to see you, Webhead. Sorry for your loss, but I love your attitude. I have developed a new motto recently:

"It is not what happens that causes me to have a bad day, but my response to those actions". It seems to be helping quite a lot.

Been Reading A whole lot of Marion Zimmer Bradley, Tolkien, and Heinlein.
    That's a great motto. And I'm glad you're still here with us. Reminds me of what I've been watching my dad go through. He is on 100% oxygen now. He had stents put into his heart a couple years ago because he couldn't qualify for a quadruple bypass. That's because his emphysema is so far advanced that he would likely be on a ventilator for the rest of his life if they tried. Recently they put two more stents in after a heart attack. Every day I am reminded that every day is a gift. Hard to watch my dad go through this. My dad will be turning 70 in April.

Also, happy for your granddaughter. Very good news!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    wetransfer.com
    Need 40GB of space