Thread: People actually fall for this stuff

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

People actually fall for this stuff

Common sense would suggest nobody would every fall for this, yet people do.

Hello,

It is with tears and pains that I am writing this mail from my sick bed in the hospital here in Germany. My name is Mrs. Gloria Nixdorf, a widow to late Mr. Schmidt Nixdorf, former owner of NIXDORF PETROLEUM AND GAS LOGISTICS LTD in Germany. I am suffering from cancer of the throat. From all indications my condition is deteriorating and it's obvious that I won't live more than 3 months according to my doctors. The cancer have deteriorated into the critical stage. I don't want you to pity me but I need your trust. My late husband died in December 2003.

During the period of our marriage we couldn't produce any child. My late husband was wealthy and after his death, I inherited all his business and wealth. The doctor has advised me that I will not live long, so I have now made up my mind to spread my wealth to charity & mercy works in Africa, Asia, America and Europe . Am sorry if you are embarrassed by my mail. I found your profile online by chance over a month ago. I prayed & prayed for God to reveal to me if you'll could be relied upon to see to & administer to my last will. The signs i experienced convinced me, and i have decided to contact you. But if for any reason you find this mail offensive, you can ignore it and please accept my apology.

If you are willing to help me, kindly send me your full name, address, telephone number, age, and a copy of your identification.

My late husband was an Oil tycoon. He has mineral rights all over Africa . He left the sum of US$4, 000, 000, 00 (Four Million Dollars only), which he deposit with a bank in London, United Kingdom. I need your help to take-in, & distribute this funds to charity works & needy homes as i stated above so that when I die my soul will rest in peace knowing the money served a purpose rather than being expropriated by the government (corrupt politicians) at my death because i don't have children that will inherit & positively utilize money instead. The funds & distribution will be entirely at your discretion and control, I hope God gives you the wisdom to touch very many lives with my generosity (this is my main concern) By the way 20% of this fund will be for your time and effort, while 80% goes EXCLUSIVELY to charity. In God's name i beseech you to get back to me soon.

Please, Contact me if you are ready to help.

Thanks & God bless you.
    Mrs. Gloria Nixdorf

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Email her back asking for a $1,000 account setup fee for such a large transaction

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So she is not in Nigeria?
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    A guy I work with, his wife got scammed.

The IRS called and said they were going to arrest her for not paying her taxes but she could avoid this by paying 4 grand....in 500 dollar increments, on Wal-Mart gift cards, and she did.

He called the police after the fact and they police were there and the guy called or they called him...I don't recall because I was laughing too hard. Long story short, the guy on the phone told the cop he already had their money and there was nothing they could do about it and laughed at him.

So, yes, people still fall for this shit.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Fun read for when you have few days to waste:
    http://www.419eater.com/

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Apparently I can do a pretty good imitation of Indian accent, to the point where Indian scammers truly believe I am Indian too. I love wasting their time on the phone when they call with credit card scams, to the point where I spend 15-20min with them on the phone and exasperating them as they feel they are so close to getting my credit card after serious persuasion work... only my credit card has 12-15 digits, of course fake...
    Last edited by CeeBee; 03-29-2017 at 05:25 PM.