Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S8

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    I've noticed the screen to be the biggest battery killer on the S7, recording video makes it even worse. Putting it into the moderate power saving mode helps a bit, but on some days I would be unable to make it by evening without the battery case.
    At home and work I have replaced cables with wireless charging pads, highly recommended if you don't need to charge at full speed, just put the phone on the pad and it charges at 1A rate. Make sure you get 2A power adapters...

A guy at work has one of those. For months I thought it was a blue tooth speaker of some sort. I am on the phone talking at least a couple hours every day and doing various other crap on it, but so far I'm super impressed with the battery life. I doubt I will have to charge it during the workday anytime in the near future. Haven't tried out the video for more than a few seconds at a time just to see what the quality looked like. It's definitely a noticeable improvement from the S4.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    Haven't tried out the video for more than a few seconds at a time just to see what the quality looked like.
    It's amazing. They haven't really changed the camera from S7. If you go full 4k be prepared to buy a big SD card... it's close to 400M/min. Personally I'm sticking to QHD which still chews 200M/min but my monitor can't tell the difference anyway.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Just just Killed my Note 4

S7 Edge is cool for a replacement but I do miss my pen

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Still got my s7 edge, battery is still strong. I do opportunity charge throughout the day though.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Joopster View Post
    Still got my s7 edge, battery is still strong. I do opportunity charge throughout the day though.
    I love seeing 132H standby when in power saving mode

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I got the S7 Edge when it first came out, love the phone but I'm not crazy about the "edge" screen on it, things (webpages links, etc) that are on the edge of the screen are hard to click on, wish I would have waited for the S7 Active. I seem to skip every other generation of phone, had the S5 before this and the S3 before that. I do the upgrade every year option through AT&T so I may get the S8 this November, or I may just wait for whatever's next.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    and a 256M card in the price.
    256MB? With the picture quality on that phone, that ought to hold at least 30-40 pictures

The battery life is one thing that I do like about the S8. With my S4 I was having to leave it on the charger for a couple hours a day. 15 minutes of GPS would take about 25% of the battery life. Today I was on the phone for about 3 hours and used the phone the same way as the old phone. Finished the day with 49% battery life left. It's nice not having to worry about it making it thru the whole day and carrying a charging cable with me everywhere I go.
    When I first got my S7 Edge it was the same way, I could use it for 2 days without charging. Now I've paired a Samsung S3 Gear watch with it so bluetooth is on all the time as is the location services so I can still make it through a day typically, just barely. I have a wireless charger on my night stand and one on my desk at work so it's not an issue, I just throw it on when it gets down so I'm always leaving work at 100%.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Just got back from Cabo on an all expenses paid vacation from work. After 11 or 12 courtesy drinks, I figured it would be a good idea to get some up close pictures of the waves. They are huge down there. The ocean could tell that I was a bit tipsy, and took the perfect opportunity to attack me when I wasn't holding the phone very tightly. The bay of Cortez is now the proud new owner of an S8. Our phone guy is sending me an S6. I'll have to take note of which employees have the S8 and work on firing one of them so I can have theirs.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Just got back from Cabo on an all expenses paid vacation from work. After 11 or 12 courtesy drinks, I figured it would be a good idea to get some up close pictures of the waves. They are huge down there. The ocean could tell that I was a bit tipsy, and took the perfect opportunity to attack me when I wasn't holding the phone very tightly. The bay of Cortez is now the proud new owner of an S8. Our phone guy is sending me an S6. I'll have to take note of which employees have the S8 and work on firing one of them so I can have theirs.

LMAO! Every company must have a Milton. Take his.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    LMAO! Every company must have a Milton. Take his.
    We fired our 8 worst guys from last July thru now, so it's actually a lot harder to find another (that has an S8) than you would think. I really liked the S8 the week and a half that I had it, so I'll start taking notes as I see guys on which ones have the new phone.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I loved Cabo..