Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S8

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I'm finally ready to replace my S5 at work. I was going to go with the pixel but work will only spring for the 32GB version and it has no expandable memory so I think I'm going to opt for the HTC 10 in the same price range. 13 days til I can get rid of this phone which has gotten so slow I'm ready to just run it over.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Again the proud new owner of an S8. So much better looking device than the S6.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I hear Samsung relented to the critics and is coming out with a non edge. I might wait.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    I'm finally ready to replace my S5 at work. I was going to go with the pixel but work will only spring for the 32GB version and it has no expandable memory so I think I'm going to opt for the HTC 10 in the same price range. 13 days til I can get rid of this phone which has gotten so slow I'm ready to just run it over.
    Not that it matters at this point, but do you do a factory reset much? I probably factory reset mine every 2-3 months or so, keeps it running much smoother and Samsung's desktop software makes it a breeze to back up all your stuff and restore.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    Again the proud new owner of an S8. So much better looking device than the S6.
    Well you sure canned that guy quick.........
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Yeah, I'm still very happy with my Note 5. I bought my wife a 7 Edge for Christmas, but she gave it to YC for reasons I don't really understand. Anyhow, I perfectly content knowing I don't own the phone of the moment. What I have is perfectly adequate for my needs, so no worries.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I got the phone off an apple fan boy that forwards all texts and calls from his work phone to his personal phone. No difference whether it's an S6 or an S8 sitting on his nightstand. We did have a guy send in a nice "I quit" email today tho and I think he had an S8 too. No two weeks notice or anything. He is pretty close to the top of the "biggest turds left" list, so it was a welcomed email.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Not that it matters at this point, but do you do a factory reset much? I probably factory reset mine every 2-3 months or so, keeps it running much smoother and Samsung's desktop software makes it a breeze to back up all your stuff and restore.
    I do occasionally. I think the bigger issue is that I asked for a 32GB version of this when I got it and they got me the 16 which comes with 6GB of verizon bloat. so essentially a 10GB phone....So I hacked adoptable storage so that I can have the stuff I need, but it makes it run slow sometimes.....

I'm over this phone.....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I'm on Verizon. They have their own version of voicemail. You can't turn it off. Other than rooting the phone, anyone know how to get rid of it?????

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    Other than rooting the phone, anyone know how to get rid of it?????
    Try Package Disabler Pro https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ablerpro&hl=en
    Works for me on S7