Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Emergency Alert on my phone

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Over there, does the sun ever come out?
    Not very often... When it does come we all have to take a class to remind us what the glowing yellow thing in the sky is, has been know to cause panic amongst the citizens.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by corturbra View Post
    Not very often... When it does come we all have to take a class to remind us what the glowing yellow thing in the sky is, has been know to cause panic amongst the citizens.
    Back in the early '80s when I was heavily into military wargaming, my wife and I went to the state tournament in San Antonio and Phil Barker (who wrote the rules we used for our games) and his wife Sue were guests of honor. Wife and i first encountered them in the basement of the San Antonio convention center where they were standing in front of a soda vending machine. I knew who they were immediately, because they were the two palest humans I had ever seen.

Some of us locals took them to the Riverwalk and showed them around town, but even though San Antonio was experiencing record lows (temps never broke 90 degrees) it was pretty clear the Barkers were suffering. Fortunately spring water and margaritas kept them alive until they went on to a tournament in Denver. Not sure how they coped with mile high Denver, but at least they didn't die on my watch.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by corturbra View Post
    Back in the early '80s when I was heavily into military wargaming, my wife and I went to the state tournament in San Antonio and Phil Barker (who wrote the rules we used for our games) and his wife Sue were guests of honor. Wife and i first encountered them in the basement of the San Antonio convention center where they were standing in front of a soda vending machine. I knew who they were immediately, because they were the two palest humans I had ever seen.

Some of us locals took them to the Riverwalk and showed them around town, but even though San Antonio was experiencing record lows (temps never broke 90 degrees) it was pretty clear the Barkers were suffering. Fortunately spring water and margaritas kept them alive until they went on to a tournament in Denver. Not sure how they coped with mile high Denver, but at least they didn't die on my watch.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Somebody's got a little sometimers going on.....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Not sure how I managed to double post, but at least I've only embarrassed myself in front of a couple of dozen people. I've done worse.