Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walabot - cool DIY tool for seeing inside walls

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Being able to see where a pipe is may be fun, but usually useless. .
    tell that to our junior maintenance guy who drilled through a gas line putting up shelving at the corporate office and had to have an entire building of like 100 people evacuated for about an hour and a half until the gas company came and took care of it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    tell that to our junior maintenance guy who drilled through a gas line putting up shelving at the corporate office
    Then it's time for someone to start buying big boys toys...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqBA82Dqd-M

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Then it's time for someone to start buying big boys toys...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqBA82Dqd-M
    Ah, CeeBee, you never cease to make me laugh! First you dis an affordable solution to finding studs, pipes, and wiring only to recommend a pricier solution that does the same thing.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The guy in the black shirt used to be a reporter on our NBC affiliate in Grand Rapids. I think he was on the radio too.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Ah, CeeBee, you never cease to make me laugh! First you dis an affordable solution to finding studs, pipes, and wiring only to recommend a pricier solution that does the same thing.
    "does the same thing" is relative. A flip phone does the same thing as a smartphone... runs some applications and makes calls.
    The "affordable" is a $200 crappy novelty while the pricier is a $340 professional tool that actually works. Pipes and wires are usually attached to a stud and the thing only detects that "something" is there. The professional tool will show them as they are. HUGE difference.
    If I ran a business or did construction work I would not hesitate to get the DeWalt. As a DIY homowner I would get none.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Last week, I noticed that I wasn't getting enough air flow to the cooling vents furthest from my heat pump, so I removed the grates from the entire system, and used a bright LED flashlight and the camera on my phone to have a look. I discovered blockage from squirrels, which was a result of stuff carried in from the outside while the house was unoccupied for a year. I don't think they enjoy the cold any more than the rest of the Florida residents do, so I am certain that it began there. I had to use my shop vac like a colonoscopy in order to remove all that stuff, but the result was that the temperature of the inside walls went down six degrees within an hour. For the first time since I have been living here, my AC only runs 5-10 minutes at 95 degree outside temperatures.

I am curious as to what this will save on my electric bills.