Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you tried the Fullscreen streaming service?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Bummer to hear about your wife losing her job...I was just discussing this very topic for damn near the exact same reason. Might be an interesting fall around here.
    Thanks for your remark. I think corporate has get her set up to be screwed out of some benefits she should receive, but Hey! that's just business in the 21st Century. I don't know your exact situation, but I'm going to take a wild ass guess, and assume it isn't much different.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Thanks for your remark. I think corporate has get her set up to be screwed out of some benefits she should receive, but Hey! that's just business in the 21st Century. I don't know your exact situation, but I'm going to take a wild ass guess, and assume it isn't much different.
    My company is one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel and she is having bodily issues...her back is shot, she has a bad knee and she works a job that won't let her sit. We both need new jobs but mine pays really well so I will go down with the ship hoping that they turn it around.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    My company is one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel and she is having bodily issues...her back is shot, she has a bad knee and she works a job that won't let her sit. We both need new jobs but mine pays really well so I will go down with the ship hoping that they turn it around.
    I'm self employed, and so my business seems to only have two states: not busy enough or more work than I can handle without absurd hours. My wife is an Area Director for her company, and she manages all of their facilities pretty much north of Lubbock.She's on the road all the time, and spends a lot of time covering for facilities that are short staffed.

With my wife's employer baling, the state will either have to take over running these services again or find a new contractor, so she might just go right back to work after a short vacation. We just don't know.

Anyway, it sounds like your partner's job sucks, and she certainly has my sympathy. Shitty work conditions have a way of spilling over into the relationship, so things might not be easy for you. You've got my sympathy as well. I see you as a man deeply committed to his family, and that's about the best thing you can do in this life.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post

Anyway, it sounds like your partner's job sucks, and she certainly has my sympathy. Shitty work conditions have a way of spilling over into the relationship, so things might not be easy for you. You've got my sympathy as well. I see you as a man deeply committed to his family, and that's about the best thing you can do in this life.
    Stress around here is always on the menu.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."