Thread: Hurricane Harvey

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Hurricane Harvey

Just wondered if any of you guys down south were floating yet.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Hope y'all stay safe and dry.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Being on the far west side of San Antonio, we were right on the outer edge of the rain bands. We ended up with 1.1 inches in the rain gauge here. Powered flickered a couple of times but otherwise maintained, no problems. I've been in touch with friends down in Corpus Christi; most people lost power since the storm but lots of places are getting power back today. Lots of down trees and fences but most people rode it out OK.

Now, the people in southeast Texas where Houston and Beaumont are located, that's a different story. Rain, rain and more rain. Those people are hurting!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I am not sure where Cleetus is but he has claimed to have gotten a shit ton of rain.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    I am not sure where Cleetus is but he has claimed to have gotten a shit ton of rain.
    On Facebook I saw that he was OK. Complained that his pool pump was struggling with the extra water.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Being on the far west side of San Antonio, we were right on the outer edge of the rain bands. We ended up with 1.1 inches in the rain gauge here. Powered flickered a couple of times but otherwise maintained, no problems. I've been in touch with friends down in Corpus Christi; most people lost power since the storm but lots of places are getting power back today. Lots of down trees and fences but most people rode it out OK.

Now, the people in southeast Texas where Houston and Beaumont are located, that's a different story. Rain, rain and more rain. Those people are hurting!
    My mother-in-law still owns property in Leon Valley, and I have a cousin or two living there, and so far no reports of problems. Since my father-in-law was married and divorced 3 times before he married my mother-in-law, I have relatives that I'm not sure what to call them. I have an extended family. Many of them are children of his ex-wives by their previous marriages. Mostly, I just call them cousins.

So, I have a cousin who manages a marina in Conroe. It caters to large boats. Think small yachts and above. Moving a significant amount of the boats in the marina was impracticable, so mostly what he has done is put lots of bumpers between the boats and the dock, and keep the lines as tight as possible. The theory being that vertical movement may mess up the paint job, but horizontal movement may break the boat. So far, all seems good.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    On Facebook I saw that he was OK. Complained that his pool pump was struggling with the extra water.
    That's a First world problem right there LOL

Boohoo My pool pump is having to work hard.

Glad to hear he is alright