Thread: If you believe this . . .

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

If you believe this . . .

http://woodtv.com/2017/09/07/equifax...posed-in-hack/

"Equifax discovered the hack July 29, but waited until Thursday to warn consumers. The Atlanta-based company declined to comment on that delay or anything else beyond its published statement. It’s not unusual for U.S. authorities to ask a company hit in a major hack to delay public notice so that investigators can pursue the perpetrators.

Equifax’s stock dropped 13 percent to $124.10 in extended trading after its announcement of the breach.

Three Equifax executives sold shares worth a combined $1.8 million just a few days after the company discovered it had been hacked, according to documents filed with securities regulators.

The sales, executed on August 1 and August 2, were made by: John Gamble, Equifax’s chief financial officer; Rodolfo Ploder, Equifax’s president of workforce solutions; and Joseph Loughran, Equifax’s president of U.S. information solutions. Bloomberg News first reported the divestitures.

In a subsequent statement, Equifax said the three executives “had no knowledge that an intrusion had occurred at the time they sold their shares.”

No knowledge of the intrusion at the time they sold their shares? Just a coincidence they sold the shares after the intrusion but before the announcement and immediate 13% decline. If you believe that was just a coincidence . . .

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It's not what you believe, it's what can be proven in court.
    Personally I would start looking at sales going back to beginning of July...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Users can check if their information has been compromised by going to equifaxsecurity2017.com. Equifax tells you to sign up to TrustedID Premier, an Equifax service. If you look at the terms of services of TrustedID Premier, it says you can not join a class action Law suit.

They lose your Data... They Sell off Stock to profit before the stock tanks... Then if you want to find out if your info has been stolen you have to give up your right to litigation? Wow, big business screws the little guy again.
    Last edited by Overdrv; 09-08-2017 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Users can check if their information has been compromised by going to equifaxsecurity2017.com. Equifax tells you to sign up to TrustedID Premier, an Equifax service. If you look at the terms of services of TrustedID Premier, it says you can not join a class action Law suit.

They lose your Data... They Sell off Stock to profit before the stock tanks... Then if you want to find out if your info has been stolen you have to give up your right to litigation? Wow, big business screws the little guy again.
    What we have seen over and over with serious data breaches is consistent: data breaches are always found to be far larger than initial reports, and the amount of damage is always downplayed.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Double authentication, changing passwords constantly, always worried if I have enough money to pay my bills and some hackers bills, having everything I am tied to a number I cannot change, I sure do love computers. They make life so much easier.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Double authentication, changing passwords constantly, always worried if I have enough money to pay my bills and some hackers bills, having everything I am tied to a number I cannot change, I sure do love computers. They make life so much easier.
    Even if you want to go back to writing checks instead of various forms of electronic payments, you're still vulnerable to hackers, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. You can secure an individual machine or even a LAN, but when it comes to big institutional breaches, you're still screwed. In the event of fraud financial institutions will refund your money. Some will do it immediately, sometimes it takes longer, but you still get your money back. If you were carrying around rolls of cash and you were robbed, you'd just be SOL.
    Last edited by slgrieb; 09-08-2017 at 10:24 PM.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thank goodness we are forced to change our passwords every 90 days. This would happen daily if we weren't changing our work login passwords all the time.