Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
Actually, that was an answer, and I'm sorry that it didn't fit into your overly anal retentive and OCD view of reality. It hurts me to agree with CeeBee and say this is a pretty minor bug, but if you were to take your head out of your butt and deal with some other operating systems, I promise you that you would encounter plenty of frustrations. It isn't just MS software that can make you crazy.
Ok, everyone just quit judging me and calling me names and calm down for a minute. Everything is going to be fine. Don't take my reply personally. I wanted an answer to something and you told me that you were confused why I wanted that answer. You can't question people that way. Put it this way, if you wanted to know something and did a Google search and Google responded by saying, "Why would you even want to know this?" Would you find that helpful? Or would you be annoyed? Personally, I would be annoyed and keep searching or take my search somewhere else. That is just not the way to respond to someone.

Also, keep in mind that just because you use static IP addresses for your business doesn't mean the rest of the world does it the way you do it. I can't assign a static IP address to a tablet or a phone -- or even a laptop for that matter. I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of ways to do just about anything but I don't want that. I just want my normal DHCP server to assign addresses like any normal network would. And I don't have time to sit there formatting and printing spreadsheets. I thank you for offering the suggestion but it just doesn't solve the problem.

When I go on the server search for the address I want I will always find my address and go about my business, but while I am doing that, I find myself often wondering why the list isn't just in numerical order to way it's always been so that I don't have to look line by line. It's a bug and it's an annoyance but yet it's there. And I know it's a bug and I know there is no fix. But I still have to ask because that is just how I am. I won't rest until a way is found.

That said, running Windows as a core system isn't the answer I wanted either necessarily but it is an answer nonetheless and puts the case to rest (at least in my mind it does). In fact, it's something I need to start thinking about going forward.