Thread: Bend over so I can &%* you!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Bend over so I can &%* you!

Okay, now that I have your attention.

We had Verizon for over ten years. Overall, we were happy with them but when we moved to our new home, we discovered we were in a Verizon dead zone. About a month ago, we switched our cell service to ATT. I was about to pay the bill just now when I noticed on each of our four lines we had a $25 "Upgrade fee". I did not know what that was so I called ATT. The person I spoke to told me any time you buy a phone on payments, there is an upgrade fee. I pointed out we are brand new customers. What are we "upgrading" from? In order to upgrade something, there are has to be a "before" state and an "after" state. Otherwise, how does one upgrade? She talked to her supervisor, came back and essentially told me, that's just the way it is. To me, this is just a hidden fee. Do you think the guy at the ATT store told us we would be charged $100 for this? Nope. They should call it a "setup" fee instead. I still would not like it but at least it would be an accurate use of the word.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    ATT has always been like this; it used to be 35...
    Plus at some point they were charging some per-phone fees outside the actual plan.. that's why I dumped them

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I had AT&T about 15 years ago for home DSL. Cancelled it, received a bill the next month. Called to remind them I had cancelled, received another bill the next month. This went on for five or six months and each bill had an additional month's billing on it, so by the end the bill was getting pretty hefty. 2nd 3rd and 4th times on the phone to cancel all involved supervisors. The 5th or 6th time I was completely fed up and threatened legal action if I received another bill from them.

Will never ever in my life give another cent of my money to that company.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    I had AT&T about 15 years ago for home DSL. Cancelled it, received a bill the next month. Called to remind them I had cancelled, received another bill the next month. This went on for five or six months and each bill had an additional month's billing on it, so by the end the bill was getting pretty hefty. 2nd 3rd and 4th times on the phone to cancel all involved supervisors. The 5th or 6th time I was completely fed up and threatened legal action if I received another bill from them.

The last time I did business with AT&T was over my business phone and long distance service. They had me set up on separate plans for my voice line and my fax line. AT&T kept promising to consolidate the the plans, give me a refund, etc. but that never happened. After I finally told AT&T to shove their service, they sued me twice, and lost both times. So, I don't have warm and fuzzy feelings about AT&T. The top speed for their DSL service here is 18 MBps, which I consider a replica of high speed access. Through my cable company, i have 50 MBps, and 150 MBps for my home.

I'll never do business with AT&T again, and if my cable and cell phone service died tomorrow, I would go back to smoke signals or drums before I would ever use those assholes again.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh come talk to me after you try to deal with Bell Canada.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post

Seems there's a lot of this going on in this thread. I didn't have nearly the c r a p p y experience, but I'm not going to give them any money because as a company they are just not customer focused. When high speed Internet was starting to become a thing and everybody and their brother was offering DSL, AT&T would not do anything to get DSL to areas outside the downtown area where their switch was located. We were just outside their perimeter. We would call and inquire as to their plans to provide DSL coverage and the answer was always "Maybe next year."

Then Comcast started installing fiber throughout our town. We saw them everywhere digging up sidewalks and working in pretty much all the neighborhoods. Then they started offering high speed Internet bundled with their TV offerings and we took them up on it. Have not regretted it once. Yes, I know Comcast is an evil empire also. But with them I get high speed Internet and with AT&T I get excuses, low speed Internet and poor cell coverage.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    Seems there's a lot of this going on in this thread. I didn't have nearly the c r a p p y experience, but I'm not going to give them any money because as a company they are just not customer focused.
    Saying that AT&T is not customer focused is like saying that a grizzly bear is not focused on you having a pleasant experience while he eats you.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!