Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tipping for haircuts?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    All I can say, is you guys seem to really over complicate things.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I get Christmas tips from a few clients. An employee or two has been tipped 20.00 for speedy fixes. Not on the retail side,but on the business side.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I go to the local Great Clips. $13 for a good layer cut. $2-5 tip depending on if they take their time and do a good job instead of jawing with their coworkers. Speaking of jawing, do you like it when your barber (or stylist) talks to you while cutting your hair or do you want them to just shut the heck up and cut the hair? I must admit that I change based on who's doing the cutting.
    Last edited by JaxSon; 10-18-2017 at 04:25 AM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I always talk to the person cutting my hair. I suppose I could sit there and stare at my phone but some face to face conversation is good too.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I have a local barber that's cheap, $12. I round that up to $15 which turns out to about 25%. I go elsewhere, $17-22, and I normally tip the same, $3.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    I get Christmas tips from a few clients. An employee or two has been tipped 20.00 for speedy fixes. Not on the retail side,but on the business side.
    I don't have any clients who tip me outright, but one of the attorney's I work for has been known to give me free legal advice and another client frequently gives me free UPS and FedEx shipping.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I cut my own hair, so sometimes I get a handy with my hair stylist when my g/f is not around. That's about it though.

When I did get my hair cut, if the stylist remembered how I liked my hair cut I always rounded up to 20 bucks for a tip.

There were a couple times that my stylist had breath that smelled like they ate a shit sandwich served in a dirty ashtray, I paid and left. No tip.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Don't get me started on tipping. When I get tipped for doing my job I'll tip others for doing theirs. That said, if I receive exceptional service in a restaurant that makes the experience better then yes, I'll give 10%, but it has to be above and beyond. I absolutely hate the American system where you're expected to tip certain people for doing their jobs, even if they just give it the minimum. When we visited NY and Vegas a few years back I loathed it with a passion.

A friend of mine visited Vegas a few years back, (not me honest), and refused to tip the taxi driver who took them to the airport. Apparently she didn't say a word to them the whole way there. When she realised she wasn't getting a tip she threatened to drive off with their luggage. Yeah, that's worth tipping!

Tips should be banned, especially where minimum wage is already being earned.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Let me contradict myself:

When we needed to fly from NY to Vegas we got a cab from outside the hotel, it was early morning. The driver asked if we wanted to grab something to eat and drink on the way and stopped at a fantastic deli where we got some breakfast and coffee, (we got him one too), and ate it in the cab as he drove. He stopped the meter whilst we got the food. He got a very good tip and it was deserved because he went over and above what's expected and left us a really good memory of NY.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    Don't get me started on tipping. When I get tipped for doing my job I'll tip others for doing theirs. That said, if I receive exceptional service in a restaurant that makes the experience better then yes, I'll give 10%, but it has to be above and beyond. I absolutely hate the American system where you're expected to tip certain people for doing their jobs, even if they just give it the minimum. When we visited NY and Vegas a few years back I loathed it with a passion.

A friend of mine visited Vegas a few years back, (not me honest), and refused to tip the taxi driver who took them to the airport. Apparently she didn't say a word to them the whole way there. When she realised she wasn't getting a tip she threatened to drive off with their luggage. Yeah, that's worth tipping!

Tips should be banned, especially where minimum wage is already being earned.
    The last time I was in a cab in Vegas my sister in law, her husband, my wife and I were all drooling drunk and cracking jokes. I believe we all had drinks in our hands. The driver got into the spirit of the event, and a good time was had by all. I never consider tipping mandatory, but sometimes you get service above what you expect, and a tip is appropriate. Our driver in Vegas that day made several extra bucks.
    WIFFLEBALL!