Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Another reason why I hate my iPhone....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Another reason why I hate my iPhone....

I like the iPad that work have given me for my day to day wander around campus activities. It is completely unfunctional for my work needs, yet I can see my e-mail so able to respond more speedily. I'm not able to connect to our servers or the ip database, but hey it looks cool and for home use, it's awesome. The wife loves it and has managed to up her Candy Crush levels no end on the bigger screen.

My iPhone however I have developed a deep loathing for, not just for the fact I have to use iTunes, which I think is some kind of punishment handed down for the wrongs I must have committed in a previous life....

It also randomly decides whether it will notify me of messages, e-mails or even ring when someone calls me and lately it's taken to changing my iTunes App Store settings to US instead of UK (something that I am not allowed to do manually....) Hence every time I need to update an app or want to download something, I need to change the store settings back to UK because it quite happily tells me that I can't use the US store as I live in the UK. Even a new Apple ID fails to stop it from changing on its whim.

Today though is the straw that could possibly break the Camel's back. Whilst in the shower, my iPhone sat in the other room, quite clearly bored at no-one looking up bus times on it decided to fire up the Voice Activation, and despite the room being empty seemed to be able to randomly call people in my Contacts. I discovered it doing this at 0618 hrs. I am not a popular person today, examples of replies "WTF dude? Why are you ringing me and then hanging up at this time" or "Is everything ok? I'm concerned that you called me then hung up and now I can't call you back"

Yes Apple - I can quite honestly say I think your computers and your phones suck, I dislike them intently and with such ferocity a lion-ness defending her cubs can only match the desire I have to smash everything with an Apple sticker on it. Except the iPad, it keeps the wife quiet in the car, and for that I thank you, however I'm sure the Galaxy Tablet that is coming free with my Samsung S4 will do the job just as well.

Thank you for allowing me to rant, I bid you good day whilst I continue with my apology messages....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Waiting for Webby to chime in telling you you must have the settings set up wrong.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Waiting for Webby to chime in telling you you must have the settings set up wrong.
    :-) yep the setting is called iOS 7 or 'iPhone switched on' I wasn't aware there was a 'do random s**t when you feel like it' setting....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    You could wait for Webby to chime and here's what he would actually say:

1> I can understand the gripe about iTunes. But you don't have to be tethered to iTunes. I'm not. In fact, I can't remember the last time I used it.

2> All those problems make me think there is something wrong with the phone and it should be exchanged.

3> You have to get the thing that makes you happy. If you don't like iPhone, then try something else. There's so many things to choose from. Maybe you can get a new LG or something. Or how about an Moto X. I hear those are good. Or maybe a Moto G? There's just so many choices these days.

4> As for the iPad, it's not meant to replace a laptop. And believe me, I feel your pain. Don't get me wrong, it's great but there are many school related things I would just rather do on a laptop. However, I love taking notes on it and reading books. Then again, there are many things I CAN do on the iPad instead of a laptop. So it all depends. If it's something that requires a lot of input, then a laptop is better. If it's just a lot of reading, then an iPad works. Sometimes iPad isn't compatible though. For example, at school we use this system that requires us to use Internet Explorer (which is weird). Luckily Firefox works for it. Chrome has some issues. So it all depends on what you want to do.
    Last edited by Webhead; 02-26-2014 at 06:35 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    You could wait for Webby to chime and here's what he would actually say:

1> I can understand the gripe about iTunes. But you don't have to be tethered to iTunes. I'm not. In fact, I can't remember the last time I used it.

2> All those problems make me think there is something wrong with the phone and it should be exchanged.

3> You have to get the thing that makes you happy. If you don't like iPhone, then try something else. There's so many things to choose from. Maybe you can get a new LG or something. Or how about an Moto X. I hear those are good. Or maybe a Moto G? There's just so many choices these days.

4> As for the iPad, it's not meant to replace a laptop. And believe me, I feel your pain. Don't get me wrong, it's great but there are many school related things I would just rather do on a laptop. However, I love taking notes on it and reading books. Then again, there are many things I CAN do on the iPad instead of a laptop. So it all depends. If it's something that requires a lot of input, then a laptop is better. If it's just a lot of reading, then an iPad works. Sometimes iPad isn't compatible though. For example, at school we use this system that requires us to use Internet Explorer (which is weird). Luckily Firefox works for it. Chrome has some issues. So it all depends on what you want to do.
    Been waiting all night and that's all ya got? ;-p Samsung S4 with a Galaxy Tab is on its way to replace the iPhone, which will find itself on the way to a recycle store for

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by corturbra View Post
    Been waiting all night and that's all ya got? ;-p Samsung S4 with a Galaxy Tab is on its way to replace the iPhone, which will find itself on the way to a recycle store for
    Isn't the S5 coming out like any day now? You don't want to wait for the S5? Or what about a Samsung Mega? http://www.engadget.com/products/sam...laxy/mega/6-3/

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Isn't the S5 coming out like any day now? You don't want to wait for the S5? Or what about a Samsung Mega? http://www.engadget.com/products/sam...laxy/mega/6-3/
    The pain of the iPhone was too much to wait any longer, one S4 currently in my pocket :-)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    <<<BUMP>>> Told You!

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Clearly a newer version of the iPhone must have come out the your iPhone is begging to be upgraded - it thinks if it's naughty enough it will get a trip to the nearest Apple Store. Sadly it will probably end up in a draw or sold as faulty on eBay with the thousands of others that have to be reset every other day because of dropping wi-fi and no signal whilst stood within 100 yards of the mobile tower.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    Clearly a newer version of the iPhone must have come out the your iPhone is begging to be upgraded - it thinks if it's naughty enough it will get a trip to the nearest Apple Store. Sadly it will probably end up in a draw or sold as faulty on eBay with the thousands of others that have to be reset every other day because of dropping wi-fi and no signal whilst stood within 100 yards of the mobile tower.
    HOW DID YOU KNOW mine drops the wi-fi signal? Yeah it won't be getting upgraded to a new apple of anything, just an Android style replacement phone will do nicely :-) After using Apple products I really don't get why people are so into them, I used to scoff at them before for the extra price tag, now after less than 12 months I just don't get the fascination with anything Apple. Ooooo I especially love having to enter my apple ID password every time the wind changes direction as well!