Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Another reason why I hate my iPhone....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Another reason why I hate my iPhone....

I like the iPad that work have given me for my day to day wander around campus activities. It is completely unfunctional for my work needs, yet I can see my e-mail so able to respond more speedily. I'm not able to connect to our servers or the ip database, but hey it looks cool and for home use, it's awesome. The wife loves it and has managed to up her Candy Crush levels no end on the bigger screen.

My iPhone however I have developed a deep loathing for, not just for the fact I have to use iTunes, which I think is some kind of punishment handed down for the wrongs I must have committed in a previous life....

It also randomly decides whether it will notify me of messages, e-mails or even ring when someone calls me and lately it's taken to changing my iTunes App Store settings to US instead of UK (something that I am not allowed to do manually....) Hence every time I need to update an app or want to download something, I need to change the store settings back to UK because it quite happily tells me that I can't use the US store as I live in the UK. Even a new Apple ID fails to stop it from changing on its whim.

Today though is the straw that could possibly break the Camel's back. Whilst in the shower, my iPhone sat in the other room, quite clearly bored at no-one looking up bus times on it decided to fire up the Voice Activation, and despite the room being empty seemed to be able to randomly call people in my Contacts. I discovered it doing this at 0618 hrs. I am not a popular person today, examples of replies "WTF dude? Why are you ringing me and then hanging up at this time" or "Is everything ok? I'm concerned that you called me then hung up and now I can't call you back"

Yes Apple - I can quite honestly say I think your computers and your phones suck, I dislike them intently and with such ferocity a lion-ness defending her cubs can only match the desire I have to smash everything with an Apple sticker on it. Except the iPad, it keeps the wife quiet in the car, and for that I thank you, however I'm sure the Galaxy Tablet that is coming free with my Samsung S4 will do the job just as well.

Thank you for allowing me to rant, I bid you good day whilst I continue with my apology messages....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Waiting for Webby to chime in telling you you must have the settings set up wrong.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Waiting for Webby to chime in telling you you must have the settings set up wrong.
    :-) yep the setting is called iOS 7 or 'iPhone switched on' I wasn't aware there was a 'do random s**t when you feel like it' setting....

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Clearly a newer version of the iPhone must have come out the your iPhone is begging to be upgraded - it thinks if it's naughty enough it will get a trip to the nearest Apple Store. Sadly it will probably end up in a draw or sold as faulty on eBay with the thousands of others that have to be reset every other day because of dropping wi-fi and no signal whilst stood within 100 yards of the mobile tower.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    My own Iphone 4S, (on IOS 6.1.3), works fantastically. Perhaps it's a bad phone, perhaps it's the awful IOS7?

I will agree with you that ITunes is the devils own work though. When FaR was offline my 8 year old managed to buy a 150 pound app without my knowledge!!!!! (long story)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Hey, just found a great bug. If I type in the symbol for British pound, IE the UK equivalent of the $, then it cuts off all text after that!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    Clearly a newer version of the iPhone must have come out the your iPhone is begging to be upgraded - it thinks if it's naughty enough it will get a trip to the nearest Apple Store. Sadly it will probably end up in a draw or sold as faulty on eBay with the thousands of others that have to be reset every other day because of dropping wi-fi and no signal whilst stood within 100 yards of the mobile tower.
    HOW DID YOU KNOW mine drops the wi-fi signal? Yeah it won't be getting upgraded to a new apple of anything, just an Android style replacement phone will do nicely :-) After using Apple products I really don't get why people are so into them, I used to scoff at them before for the extra price tag, now after less than 12 months I just don't get the fascination with anything Apple. Ooooo I especially love having to enter my apple ID password every time the wind changes direction as well!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    Hey, just found a great bug. If I type in the symbol for British pound, IE the UK equivalent of the $, then it cuts off all text after that!

Mine does not do that, and probably is the iOS7 causing the problem. Perhaps if I have a few weeks of my life to spare I could revert it back to 6....

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Did you see the big security flaw too? You need to update.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    Did you see the big security flaw too? You need to update.
    Security flaw on Apple products? Though that was one of the advantages to apple OS? Completely hack free and more secure than Fort Knox? (add sarcasm to any level to you feel at this point) ;-)