Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Another reason why I hate my iPhone....

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The routers all run WPA2 AES. They are supplied by the ISP so no I won't be explaining to my customers that all their computers work, all their androids work, just the iPhones drop because the router is to blame??

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    then it's a defective phone because that's not supposed to happen. Can you imagine if everyone had that problem? Apple would be out of business in a day!
    Well of course...
    Attached Images Attached Images

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    The routers all run WPA2 AES. They are supplied by the ISP so no I won't be explaining to my customers that all their computers work, all their androids work, just the iPhones drop because the router is to blame??
    I hear ya. Thing is, I've experienced problems with WPA2 with all kinds of things (not just iphone). I first noticed it as the problem the first time I tried to configure wireless on a laptop that I installed Ubuntu several years ago (maybe 2006/2007ish?). Then I started noticing weird things happening with other things too. Eventually I just gave up on it and went back to using WPA on everything. My theory is that WPA2 is too secure and things have a hard time maintaining a connection to it as a result.

By the way, this is just my personal opinion but for what it's worth, I'm not a fan of those ISP supplied routers. They always have weird problems. I always ask my ISP for a modem only and then add my own router. But that's just me. That's what I run at work and at home. That's what I've always done even back with old DSL service. Not saying that I'm doing it better or my way is right. I'm just saying that I've had the best luck with that.

And just out of curiosity, what ISP supplied router do you use? Do you happen to know the make/model of it?
    Last edited by Webhead; 03-08-2014 at 12:16 AM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Well of course...
    Yeah. That's what I wrote in an earlier post. Maybe you guys are just holding your phone wrong. Try holding it differently and maybe it will work.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Well of course...
    HA-HA-HA-HA!!! That actually made me LOL!

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    All the major ISPs here have their own. Webby you are ignoring the fact that EVERY other device works properly except the iPhones. iPhones suck at Wi-Fi. Macbooks and MacBook Pros are more stable than iPhones.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    All the major ISPs here have their own. Webby you are ignoring the fact that EVERY other device works properly except the iPhones. iPhones suck at Wi-Fi. Macbooks and MacBook Pros are more stable than iPhones.
    No offense, but your claim is that iphones that are attached to YOUR network suck at wifi. Generally speaking, people around the world aren't having this problem. Maybe some are, but most aren't. Look around at the millions of iphone users. You think if this was a problem as you are claiming that they would continue selling phones the way they do? The 5S was the most popular phone sold in the last quarter alone. Samsung had to release the Galaxy S5 early because iPhone sales crushing the competition. If there was a wifi problem, would this still be the case? And I personally don't of know anyone who has this problem. Almost everyone I know has an iphone and they all work beautifully. I already mentioned this early though. We are going in circles now.

And by the way, the second claim is wrong too. Because it's a known thing that Macbooks DO have a problem hanging on to wifi. For example: http://www.tuaw.com/2014/01/21/2013-...-plague-users/

So macbooks are actually worse than iphone and with iphone there is no known issue. So I'm not sure where you are getting this information from.

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Not my networks Webster, 5 different customers using both home and work networks... all their iPhones prefer to use the 3g data than the Wi Fi.
    That's what I meant about the macbooks, even they are more stable!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Not my networks Webster, 5 different customers using both home and work networks... all their iPhones prefer to use the 3g data than the Wi Fi.
    That's what I meant about the macbooks, even they are more stable!
    Hmmm. Well, bummer for them! I'm just glad mine works good.

And by the way,... 3G? I didn't think we were still doing 3G. I thought generally everything has been upgraded to 4G/LTE by now, no? That could be part of the problem too if people are still using those old iPhone 3GS'so or 4's.

Also, I don't care what anyway says,... I'm totally getting a Macbook for my next computer (can dual boot to Windows so it's the best of both worlds). Oh yes, it will happen! Just waiting to make sure my lease on my apartment isn't going to go up too much in May/June. If things are good with my rent, then I'm using my tax money to buy a new computer (I'm still on my ancient Dell Studio 15 from 2008). Otherwise the money will be used for moving expenses. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent now. I'm just excited to get a new Macbook. I'm hoping they will announce one with a touch screen by the time I decide to buy one. I want the Macbook Pro with retina display.

And yes, I realize I'm a douche. Nobody needs to tell me this. I know how I sound when I write these posts.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I support at least 30-40 clients that insist on using an iphone. They all connect to their work network, and their home wireless network. Not one complaint so far. It's a mix of cable, DSL, and wireless providers.