Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Another reason why I hate my iPhone....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Waiting for Webby to chime in telling you you must have the settings set up wrong.
    You could wait for Webby to chime and here's what he would actually say:

1> I can understand the gripe about iTunes. But you don't have to be tethered to iTunes. I'm not. In fact, I can't remember the last time I used it.

2> All those problems make me think there is something wrong with the phone and it should be exchanged.

3> You have to get the thing that makes you happy. If you don't like iPhone, then try something else. There's so many things to choose from. Maybe you can get a new LG or something. Or how about an Moto X. I hear those are good. Or maybe a Moto G? There's just so many choices these days.

4> As for the iPad, it's not meant to replace a laptop. And believe me, I feel your pain. Don't get me wrong, it's great but there are many school related things I would just rather do on a laptop. However, I love taking notes on it and reading books. Then again, there are many things I CAN do on the iPad instead of a laptop. So it all depends. If it's something that requires a lot of input, then a laptop is better. If it's just a lot of reading, then an iPad works. Sometimes iPad isn't compatible though. For example, at school we use this system that requires us to use Internet Explorer (which is weird). Luckily Firefox works for it. Chrome has some issues. So it all depends on what you want to do.
    Last edited by Webhead; 02-26-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    so what else can you put on an iphone to play music?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    I don't think the player is technically itunes and the player itself isn't have bad.

But there are indeed other apps. Google play music just got an official release for iOS not that long ago just to name a prominent one.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    Here's what I do,... My setup is a little bit complicated but it works very well.

First, I have my Box account I've mentioned before. I take my music files and organize them into a folder. I do this organization on my laptop. That folder is stored on my Box account and my computer (sync'd). So if the computer dies, it's still there. If Box dies, it's still there. Ok great, so how to play the music on the iPhone?

Next I use the CloudBeats app. It costs a couple bucks. It allows you to login to either Box or Skydrive (now called, "OneDrive"). Once logged in, you can either just play it directly (streaming) or it will download to play offline.

Optionally, you can just play the file directly from the Box app on the iPhone. But it lacks in controls and doesn't save my place so I prefer CloudBeats. I download streams of audio that are long and I like to bookmark my spot so I can come back later. CloudBeats will bookmark where you left off.

So no iTunes, no wires, and it works great -- for me anyway.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    I don't think the player is technically itunes and the player itself isn't have bad.

But there are indeed other apps. Google play music just got an official release for iOS not that long ago just to name a prominent one.
    That's a good choice too. The Google play app is pretty good.

On iPhone here's what you are given:
    - Music app: This is where you play your music that is on the phone, download music from iTunes, browse music. Ringtones and iTunes radio (which is Apples answer to Pandora and Spotify - I prefer Spotify though) are in this app.
    - iTunes app: This is just iTunes on the phone itself.
    - Appstore app: Apps, games
    - Video app: Same thing as music but video (i.e. Movies, TV, etc. that are bought from the iTunes store).
    - Podcasts app: Do all your podcast downloads here.

They used to have all this in one app but it's all separated now.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    You could wait for Webby to chime and here's what he would actually say:

1> I can understand the gripe about iTunes. But you don't have to be tethered to iTunes. I'm not. In fact, I can't remember the last time I used it.

2> All those problems make me think there is something wrong with the phone and it should be exchanged.

3> You have to get the thing that makes you happy. If you don't like iPhone, then try something else. There's so many things to choose from. Maybe you can get a new LG or something. Or how about an Moto X. I hear those are good. Or maybe a Moto G? There's just so many choices these days.

4> As for the iPad, it's not meant to replace a laptop. And believe me, I feel your pain. Don't get me wrong, it's great but there are many school related things I would just rather do on a laptop. However, I love taking notes on it and reading books. Then again, there are many things I CAN do on the iPad instead of a laptop. So it all depends. If it's something that requires a lot of input, then a laptop is better. If it's just a lot of reading, then an iPad works. Sometimes iPad isn't compatible though. For example, at school we use this system that requires us to use Internet Explorer (which is weird). Luckily Firefox works for it. Chrome has some issues. So it all depends on what you want to do.
    Been waiting all night and that's all ya got? ;-p Samsung S4 with a Galaxy Tab is on its way to replace the iPhone, which will find itself on the way to a recycle store for

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by corturbra View Post
    Been waiting all night and that's all ya got? ;-p Samsung S4 with a Galaxy Tab is on its way to replace the iPhone, which will find itself on the way to a recycle store for
    Isn't the S5 coming out like any day now? You don't want to wait for the S5? Or what about a Samsung Mega? http://www.engadget.com/products/sam...laxy/mega/6-3/

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Here's what I do,... My setup is a little bit complicated but it works very well.

First, I have my Box account I've mentioned before. I take my music files and organize them into a folder. I do this organization on my laptop. That folder is stored on my Box account and my computer (sync'd). So if the computer dies, it's still there. If Box dies, it's still there. Ok great, so how to play the music on the iPhone?

Next I use the CloudBeats app. It costs a couple bucks. It allows you to login to either Box or Skydrive (now called, "OneDrive"). Once logged in, you can either just play it directly (streaming) or it will download to play offline.

Optionally, you can just play the file directly from the Box app on the iPhone. But it lacks in controls and doesn't save my place so I prefer CloudBeats. I download streams of audio that are long and I like to bookmark my spot so I can come back later. CloudBeats will bookmark where you left off.

So no iTunes, no wires, and it works great -- for me anyway.
    Good Gawd! You may like jumping thru all of those hoops but I'm guessing the huge majority of people won't want to.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Good Gawd! You may like jumping thru all of those hoops but I'm guessing the huge majority of people won't want to.
    Jumping through what hoops? I just put the files I want in a folder on my computer and a few minutes later they magically appear on my phone. What's so hard about that?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Music on my S4 sounds better than on my Nano.