Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Sutherland Springs, Texas

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Joopster View Post
    Our current laws would have prevented this shooting. Most states are not reporting to Fed database. Garbage in, garbage out.
    The fact is that laws won't prevent this. When I was in the fourth grade, I took my new Model 94 Winchester to school for Show and Tell. It was pretty common. And, this happened in the Seattle Public School system. So essentially, I walked 3/4 of a mile back and forth to school with a hunting rifle, and no one said anything.

In 1981, MTV totally began destroying the attention span of our youth. The first time I saw it was in Miami at a friend I knew in Vietnam's house. We looked at that and said "This, along with drugs, is really going to mess people up". Images since then have changed so fast that nothing means anything any more. That is, except for slow motion, high definition gore. What do you think they should have expected from that?

So, much in the way that laws have prevented heroin addiction, they will have the same effect on the mass shooting problem. Just make a law that all the criminals have to surrender their weapons. That should fix it. /sarcasm

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Buying a gun legally in Mexico is almost impossible (only one gun store owned by government and massive paperwork involved).
    The gun crime rate in Mexico is far higher than in US.
    I rest my case.
    Well for a start your wrong

Gun Deaths per 100,000
    United States of America - 10.54
    Mexico - 7.64

Rank Country Firearm-related death rate per 100,000 population per year
    1 Honduras 67.18
    2 Venezuela 59.13
    3 Swaziland 37.16
    4 Guatemala 34.1
    5 Jamaica 30.72
    6 El Salvador 26.77
    7 Colombia 25.94
    8 Brazil 21.2
    9 Panama 15.11
    10 Uruguay 11.52
    11 United States 10.54
    12 Montenegro 8.91
    13 Philippines 8.9
    14 South Africa 8.3
    15 Paraguay 7.76
    16 Mexico 7.64
    17 Costa Rica 7.5
    18 Argentina 6.36
    19 Peru 5.53
    20 Nicaragua 4.68

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Well for a start your wrong
    Gun Deaths per 100,000
    United States of America - 10.54
    Liberal lies, twisting facts.
    In 2016, gun murders were ~71.5% of 15700 murders, so roughly 11200.
    https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/lat...stics-released
    We can thank Chicago for nearly 7% of them... the place with some of the most restrictive gun laws...
    Anyway, that puts gun murder rate to 3.4/100k
    Last edited by CeeBee; 11-10-2017 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Joopster View Post
    Our current laws would have prevented this shooting. Most states are not reporting to Fed database. Garbage in, garbage out.
    Crap. I hate it when I agree with Joopster! Devin Kelley was court martialed and convicted for domestic abuse and served a year in prison. He had a history of death threats against his superior officers while serving in the Air force., he did time in a mental hospital and escaped after threatening two employees. After the Santa Rosa Sheriffs Office apprehended him, he was a suspect in a a felony investigation. None of this shit was ever properly reported.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Crap. I hate it when I agree with Joopster! Devin Kelley was court martialed and convicted for domestic abuse and served a year in prison. He had a history of death threats against his superior officers while serving in the Air force., he did time in a mental hospital and escaped after threatening two employees. After the Santa Rosa Sheriffs Office apprehended him, he was a suspect in a a felony investigation. None of this shit was ever properly reported.
    And the fact he had access to guns should be what needs to be changed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    And the fact he had access to guns should be what needs to be changed.
    He wasn't supposed to have. Multiple reporting failures from multiple agencies, his name never made it to the fed database where all dealers check before making a sale.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    He wasn't supposed to have. Multiple reporting failures from multiple agencies, his name never made it to the fed database where all dealers check before making a sale.
    serious question. If he WAS on that database as he should have been, would he have been able to buy a gun at a gun show?

I know he could buy one from craigslist etc as a personal sale, but would the gun show loophole allowed him to buy that gun even if he was on the list (I honestly don't know, so I'm asking if anyone knows the answer)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    serious question. If he WAS on that database as he should have been, would he have been able to buy a gun at a gun show?

I know he could buy one from craigslist etc as a personal sale, but would the gun show loophole allowed him to buy that gun even if he was on the list (I honestly don't know, so I'm asking if anyone knows the answer)
    I know in CT you cannot transfer any gun legally without a background check - Craigslist, show or dealer.
    I believe there are states where you can get by with private sales - and this needs to be stopped.
    Of course, one can get an illegal gun in less time than what it takes for the background check, blood may still be wet on it...
    In addition, owning a gun when you are prohibited to do so is a felony in most (all?) states.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post

The last gun show I went to, if I bought a gun, they told me they had to run a check and would ship the gun to my local licensed gun dealer if I passed the check. If for some reason they could not complete the transaction (failed check) they would refund the money to my CC.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The system needs to be set up that your guns are registered to you.
    Are you a Fellon? No Gun for you
    Are Do you have a History or Violence? No New Gun for you and yours will be impounded until you prove you are responsible
    Have you had Mental issues? No new gun for you and yours will be impounded until you prove you are responsible

Guns should be a privilege granted to those who are responsible enough to use them properly. Like Drivers Licenses.

I also believe that if you are a good gun owner you should be able to get anything your heart desires in the way of a gun.