Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
I learned backwards. Went to work part time for a buddy who had a retail repair shop. Had some corporate customers also. I learned how to repair computers, hardware first, then the operating system. Then I had to teach myself subnets, networking, and everything else. If you put me in an corporate enviroment with Active Directory, I would be lost. I'm sure I could grasp it, but with my customers, I have no need.

Doing work for Onforce, we get 3 to 8 jobs a week from them. They pay 24-48 hours after completion. Walmart, Pet Supplies Plus, other retail outlets. Just setup a laptop in Ohio Media School.

And I agree with Cee Bee, you can't learn without hands on.
absolutely, you need hands on to be effective at anything...be it IT or architecture, engineering...basically anything....

I learned the same way you did. I went back to school to get an associates degree in networking and for the most part I was miles ahead of everyone in my classes from having some bench tech type experience and pc support helpdesk stuff under my belt....at the end of the program I felt like there were only a small handful (like 3-4) people who I thought could step into a sysadmin / netadmin job and that was including myself. But I did feel like they could get on a level one support position learn the ropes, get some hands on experience and work up from there.....

that's kinda how I view this course...