Thread: Americans Are Stupid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Americans Are Stupid

At work the sales team did a little exercise. Not sure what the point was, but they handed out blank maps of the united states and each person had to fill in as many as they could. One girl (a recent college graduate) scored a grand total of two. Two states. The one she was born and raised in, and Texas. They told her everyone knows where florida is, go ahead and point to where you think florida is, and she pointed at California.

It inspired me to do the same with our service techs. Nobody got them all right, the vast majority could not even get more than 15 states correct. Funny thing is, the guy that got the most correct was born and raised in Israel and English is his second language. He got Wyoming and Nebraska backwards with each other, but got every single other state correct.

I think anyone that gets 10 or less should immediately be deported.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    lol
    Last edited by Larommi; 10-17-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Last weekend we stopped by at the local Home Depot to see the rug sale, my 7yo son saw big rug with the map of US and instantly wanted it for his room.
    That "can I have it please please please" lasted about 30 seconds when he decided he didn't want it anymore because it was "wrong" - Alaska and Hawaii were in the wrong place...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Last weekend we stopped by at the local Home Depot to see the rug sale, my 7yo son saw big rug with the map of US and instantly wanted it for his room.
    That "can I have it please please please" lasted about 30 seconds when he decided he didn't want it anymore because it was "wrong" - Alaska and Hawaii were in the wrong place...
    That's cool that your kid had an interest in it, shame they would still put that on display for sale if they have states in the wrong spots. I feel like I'm 30 years ahead of schedule when it comes to being a grumpy old man.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    , shame they would still put that on display for sale if they have states in the wrong spots.
    It wasn't "wrong", they just placed them in a convenient empty spot, just like many maps do with isolated features.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    That makes me want to try this myself. I'm guessing I'd get in the 40's but would definitely screw some up.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    That makes me want to try this myself. I'm guessing I'd get in the 40's but would definitely screw some up.

I missed two, had Connecticut and New Hampshire switched. I'm pissed that I missed those two. I remember in 5th grade the test was all 50 states and all 50 capitals. I only missed Montpelier back then, but I'd probably get a lot more wrong now. If you want to do it, just google blank map of usa and it's one of the first five or so pics.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    States I can get all 50. Capitals...nope.

What is the Capital of Florida? "F"
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I would get quite a few but Dylan recently had to learn them for school and we did a power point which he sang the animaniacs 50 states song to and we highlighted each state as he sang it on the powerpoint.....so I'm up to speed LOL

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    I would get quite a few but Dylan recently had to learn them for school and we did a power point which he sang the animaniacs 50 states song to and we highlighted each state as he sang it on the powerpoint.....so I'm up to speed LOL
    OMG I love the Animaniacs. They actually have some educational you tube videos.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.