Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancer Sucks!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Wow! I am very happy that you are making significant progress here. You and jitbob should start a support group!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    JaxSon, man that shit really sucks. I was diagnosed with bladder cancer in January 2012. I filled the toilet with blood one night and that was really hard to ignore. Like you I was fortunate in that it, thankfully, hadn't escaped the bladder wall. I fully understand the fear and heartache this brings to everyone who loves you and the mind destroying this diagnosis brings with it. My cancer is the most aggressive type so it has never been "if" it comes back but "when" it comes back, and it has many times. For the first few years I had tumors cut out 2, 3 or even 4 times a year so yes it really did feel like Grand Central Station down there. On the bright side some of those nurses were very pretty (wink, wink). BCG treatments, burning sensations, poor bladder control, hell I've been through the ringer even had blood clots completely block my urinary tract ( that one took morphine and emergency surgery, nothing like waking up in the cancer ward) But throughout all of that and more, I never lost faith.
    I guess that's my point, never lose faith. I haven't had a tumor in over a year, no surgeries in a little longer than that and my cystography's have been reduced from every 3 months to every 6 months. Did I tell you that I hate that F'n BCG shit? Really don't like it, always ends up sending me to the ER, usually about week 5, so I've been refusing it. Foolish of me? well probably but so be it. Bye the bye, I am otherwise strong and healthy. If I can do this thing, I have every faith that you can too.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    How about some good news. Latest biopsy results shows no sign of cancer. I was facing that BCG routine if things turned out differently. I was also thinking about refusing that. As it stands now, I don't have to worry about that.
    Another bit of good news, my 28 year old daughter is getting married for the first time next week.
    Life is good.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    How about some good news. Latest biopsy results shows no sign of cancer. I was facing that BCG routine if things turned out differently. I was also thinking about refusing that. As it stands now, I don't have to worry about that.
    Another bit of good news, my 28 year old daughter is getting married for the first time next week.
    Life is good.
    AWESOME NEWS!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Great news!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Life is good.
    That's awesome, congrats!!
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Fantastic! I may be a bit late, but that news makes my day.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I haven't been here in a long time my friend, but I'm glad you are doing well. Still hope we could have a drink or two in San Antonio some day, but things are a mess on my end as well. All the same you have my best wishes and my prayers. Stay strong.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!