Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Sky

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Google Sky

I first saw this on a friend's Android phone, but I cannot say enough about how cool this app is. It was $1.99 for the iPhone, and worth every dime! It even tells you the names of the satellites going by.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yawn.
    Satellite AR - augmented reality
    SatTrack - tracker with schedules and visibility info - good if you want to see the ISS or Iridium flares (the flares are a very seldom event, last seconds, but they look like someone in the sky is shining a flashlight at you)
    Both free on Android.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    I first saw this on a friend's Android phone, but I cannot say enough about how cool this app is. It was $1.99 for the iPhone, and worth every dime! It even tells you the names of the satellites going by.
    That's pretty cool. I searched but couldn't find anything called, "Google Sky" for iOS? Do you have a link? You sure that's not an Android only app? I saw it in the web browser though and looks interesting. I've been using this one called, "Sky Guide". Also $1.99. Looks awesome on iPad. Shows the constellations, information about them, etc. Good times!

link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sky-...576588894?mt=8

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Yawn.
    SatTrack - tracker with schedules and visibility info - good if you want to see the ISS or Iridium flares (the flares are a very seldom event, last seconds, but they look like someone in the sky is shining a flashlight at you)
    Both free on Android.
    The reply without the first line would make you appear so much less of a dick. Really it would.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    The reply without the first line would make you appear so much less of a dick. Really it would.
    I was thinking "arrogant". But yeah, agreed. I always wonder if people like this are just like this because they are online? Or do they act this way in real life too? It's weird to me how just because it's the Internet, people become so rude to each other.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yawn.
    Both free on Android.
    Google Sky is also free on Android. Just visit your local Google Play Store.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post
    Sorry I'm not British. If I were maybe my reply would have been on the lines of: "I am terribly sorry, but I ought to kindly remind you that the Apple platform is slightly not as capable as Android. Please do not take it as an offense but there might be some better options for you to consider.... blah blah"
    I'm afraid it ain't gonna happen.
    On the other side "less of" implies I am a dick for not being an Apple fanboy and having a different opinion. Too bad.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sorry I'm not British. If I were maybe my reply would have been on the lines of: "I am terribly sorry, but I ought to kindly remind you that the Apple platform is slightly not as capable as Android. Please do not take it as an offense but there might be some better options for you to consider.... blah blah"
    I'm afraid it ain't gonna happen.
    On the other side "less of" implies I am a dick for not being an Apple fanboy and having a different opinion. Too bad.
    Sorry I'm not American. If I were maybe my reply would have been along the lines of: "Yeah man, he's definitely a dick".

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    There is nothing yawnful about the night sky and satellites - with or without an app, Ceebee sometimes I believe you are just deliberately abrasive. Such a shame.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    There is nothing yawnful about the night sky and satellites - with or without an app, Ceebee sometimes I believe you are just deliberately abrasive. Such a shame.
    The yawn was at the paid app when awesome is available for free.
    I actually love watching the sky and tracking satellites.