Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Sky

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It is free for android because all of it is google. It definitely works on ios, because I got it from the app store. You know, I have an Android tablet as well, and the two devices are not in competition with each other. As I stated in the OP, I originally saw the app on an android phone. I am certainly glad that two bucks isn't going to cause me to resort to eating cat food or the like.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Awesome then...
    While at it, don't forget to check out those 2 that I listed. I use them often to look at flares and ISS passes. Sat track was formerly known as Heavens Above, I know there is a iOS version.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    There is nothing yawnful about the night sky and satellites - with or without an app, Ceebee sometimes I believe you are just deliberately abrasive. Such a shame.
    Exactly. It is nothing short of a miracle to have technology like this.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    It is free for android because all of it is google. It definitely works on ios, because I got it from the app store. You know, I have an Android tablet as well, and the two devices are not in competition with each other. As I stated in the OP, I originally saw the app on an android phone. I am certainly glad that two bucks isn't going to cause me to resort to eating cat food or the like.
    This is an app made by Google that is in the app store? Or do I use it from the web browser? Sometimes the app store has a bug where when you search, the thing you are looking for doesn't come up. Usually I just search in google and click the itunes link. But I'm not finding anything. You sure it's an app in the app store? Or could it be a web app? I'm just asking because I wanted to try it but I can't find it.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Sorry I'm not British. If I were maybe my reply would have been on the lines of: "I am terribly sorry, but I ought to kindly remind you that the Apple platform is slightly not as capable as Android. Please do not take it as an offense but there might be some better options for you to consider.... blah blah"
    I'm afraid it ain't gonna happen.
    On the other side "less of" implies I am a dick for not being an Apple fanboy and having a different opinion. Too bad.
    It's not about being britich or american. It's about starting your post out with the word "yawn". Why do you feel the need to do that? Do you do that in real life? Or is that just a think you do on the Internet?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    The yawn was at the paid app when awesome is available for free.
    I thought that explained it pretty well.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Oh I get it now. It's a dig at iPhone. Because there are free options for Android, but you have pay $2 for iPhone for an app (or something along those lines). I guess many people online these days have to include the underlying message rather than just talking like one adult to another in a civil way.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we just did things like this instead?:
    Person A: I just bought a great new app for $2!
    Person B: That's great! I hope you have a great time with it. I'm having a great time with my app that was free!

And then just end it. Why do we need to include the smug "yawn" to indicate that one persons choices are better than the others?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Oh I get it now. It's a dig at iPhone. Because there are free options for Android, but you have pay $2 for iPhone for an app (or something along those lines).
    iBummer

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yawn.
    Satellite AR - augmented reality
    SatTrack - tracker with schedules and visibility info - good if you want to see the ISS or Iridium flares (the flares are a very seldom event, last seconds, but they look like someone in the sky is shining a flashlight at you)
    Both free on Android.
    Yepp Abrasive but 100 percent correct.

Android is better and Apple sucks donkey balls

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Android is better and Apple sucks donkey balls
    Of course! You keep telling yourself that. Also, Coke is better than Pepsi.