Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google Sky

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Of course! You keep telling yourself that. Also, Coke is better than Pepsi.
    Only with Captain Morgan

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I found it in the app store, and downloaded and installed it directly to my phone. It is named Google Sky.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Hmmm. I'm not seeing it. Oh well.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sorry. It said Google Sky when I downloaded it, but as I look at my phone, it says StarMap/3D+.

I hope that helps. Basically, anywhere I point my phone in the sky, the app shows me what I am looking at. Usually, it is clear out when I first get up, and that is when I use it the most.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Sorry. It said Google Sky when I downloaded it, but as I look at my phone, it says StarMap/3D+.

I hope that helps. Basically, anywhere I point my phone in the sky, the app shows me what I am looking at. Usually, it is clear out when I first get up, and that is when I use it the most.
    Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know. I was searching and it didn't seem like they released an official iOS app but I couldn't tell for sure. At least now I know I'm not going crazy. LOL

Well either way, that app looks pretty cool. A friend of mine turned me on to the Sky Guide app so that's what I was using. I wish they had this technology when i was in astronomy class way back in high school.

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Given the number of macs I have had to fix this last couple of weeks, I am beginning to hate the "let's hide all the teknikal stuff" from the user. Logs? Some clue other than bland error message.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    Given the number of macs I have had to fix this last couple of weeks, I am beginning to hate the "let's hide all the teknikal stuff" from the user. Logs? Some clue other than bland error message.
    I don't actually have a Mac (although I hope to have one this year). But I think the Mac fixit process is supposed to go like this:

1> Problem.
    2> Bring to Apple store.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    Apple doesn't like the monkeys to get in the system. I put a hard drive in a 27" iMac a couple of weeks ago, and it was no fun at all. Like laptop service only more frustrating. The system had been bought from an Apple dealer who apparently had some difficulty adding some of the upgrades to the system which the customer wanted. Had some damaged connections, etc. Same dealer that took three attempts to get the ribbon cable that controls fan speed correctly connected when another of the company's iMacs needed a new drive.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I downloaded the app and it's really great!