Thread: Odd crash, recovery, and not a reboot.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Odd crash, recovery, and not a reboot.

So starting this week, I started getting as problem as noted in the title, and I thought updating my Radeon 5450 drivers would solve it. It only happens when using YouTube. It will start my display over (the screen actually reboots) but not the computer. I recently switched to using a 32 inch HDTV for a monitor, and it is incredible except for this annoyance. It is connected via HDMI.

I have:

1) Updated Radeon Drivers
    2) Updated Windows 10 but still have a version in the "18xx" series. This computer uses an A10-6800K processor at 4.1Ghz (Native, not overclocked) and 8GB RAM with an SSD for the OS. The video is 2GB PCIe. I am beginning to think it may actually be the onboard realtek audio that is causing this. When the video resumes, everything works right until it doesn't. I can't even find anything in the logs.

Any ideas? I REALLY do not wish to have to reload this thing.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Does it do the same if you have a VGA monitor hooked up instead of going thru HDMI? Just curious...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Does it do the same if you have a VGA monitor hooked up instead of going thru HDMI? Just curious...
    That's what i was going to ask as well.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    It turned out to be the onboard sound driver. Once I updated that driver, the problem went away. Meanwhile, I learned a whole lot about the Radeon Driver.
    Now it is like being at the drive-in movie.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    That's what i was going to ask as well.
    even though he fixed it, I bet this would have solved the issue as well since the sound would have been going through HDMI and the video cards own HD audio interface.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    even though he fixed it, I bet this would have solved the issue as well since the sound would have been going through HDMI and the video cards own HD audio interface.
    Exactly, but I would have been back to a "puny" 19 inch monitor.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Had a similar issue with Display Port and Nvidia. It was after a specific Win10 update where they added some "features" Apparently crashing explorer or whatever it was doing is a feature. Anyhow, drivers took care of the issue. Glad you got it up an running.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."