Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Apple CarPlay

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Yeah, I just heard in the news that there was a DUI related fatality in the local area. The driver was drunk and texting at the time of the accident. The news was focused on the drunken part of it. I have a feeling the accident was more related to the texting. It's true. Our dashboards are doing way too much these days. Again, from a technology standpoint, I love the idea of Apple CarPlay. But from a reality standpoint, I'm starting to think this is not a good idea. It's too much stuff in the car now.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Yeah, I just heard in the news that there was a DUI related fatality in the local area. The driver was drunk and texting at the time of the accident. The news was focused on the drunken part of it. I have a feeling the accident was more related to the texting. It's true. Our dashboards are doing way too much these days. Again, from a technology standpoint, I love the idea of Apple CarPlay. But from a reality standpoint, I'm starting to think this is not a good idea. It's too much stuff in the car now.
    Voice command iPod and volume controls on the steering wheel and I would be set. I could do what I want and never take my eyes off the road.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Voice command iPod and volume controls on the steering wheel and I would be set. I could do what I want and never take my eyes off the road.
    I still think it's too much distraction. People on the road can barely drive as it is with just a wheel and a pedal. All these knobs, buttons and devices are too much for most people to handle I think.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I agree, there is no need to encourage anyone to text while driving! Eyes on the road!