Thread: Strange but true

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Strange but true

My MIL told me about this tonight. This happened not far from where my in-laws live. It's all over the news over there.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/07/us/mic...ed-body-found/

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I thought it was great that the neighbor kept mowing the lawn for years! You know he wasn't getting paid!

Administrator
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    What a shame no one thought to make enquiries, you would have thought foreclosing on a house would make some one go round there and look!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I wish I had 6 years worth the mortgage payments in the bank...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I don't understand how the mail wasn't "piling up", whether it be in her mailbox or at the post office, it should have been noticed that it hadn't been collected for 4 or 5 years somewhere, right?
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    E-Billing

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    E-Billing
    Even then, the card should have expired within that time frame. Something sounds a bit weird to me as well.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Even then, the card should have expired within that time frame. Something sounds a bit weird to me as well.
    but if it was a bank auto draft, the routing number and account number would never expire unless the account closed....

it is odd that no family (even long distance family) ever suspected anything was amiss, and like 3fs said, where was all the mail going. Even just 6 years of grocery store flyers would be an insane pile up of mail....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    but if it was a bank auto draft, the routing number and account number would never expire unless the account closed....

it is odd that no family (even long distance family) ever suspected anything was amiss, and like 3fs said, where was all the mail going. Even just 6 years of grocery store flyers would be an insane pile up of mail....
    Agreed. I have everything on e-billing that is possible and even with that there is almost NEVER a day that there isn't something in my mailbox and most days there's at least 4-8 pieces of mail.

As far as the autopay, I get that because if it's a direct debit like you said, that doesn't change. If it's a new replacement card that doesn't need activated (this is how our bank cards come) the only thing that changes is the expiration data and some places will take it upon themselves to update the expiration date they have on file if your card shows as expired. I found this out by it actually happening to me with not one, but two different places and I was pissed that they could just do this without speaking to you.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    When we bought this house, the original owner had been in a nursing home for a year or two. The relatives removed the mailbox at the end of the driveway in order to prevent getting mail.

Assuming this person had a PO Box, is there a rule by which anything that is not first class gets tossed?