Thread: Killbear Provincial Park

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Killbear Provincial Park

This post is mostly for Overdrv but the rest of us will probably find something to say too so I thought I would skip the PM.

My family is coming to Killbear Provincial Park this summer (arriving June 10, leaving June 14). My wife's grandfather's family originally settled in the Perry Sound area when they came over from the UK. Anyway, her plan is to rent a camper here in Grand Rapids and then pull it halfway across North America to Killbear so they can stay in it. I thought it would be a whole lot easier to rent one near Killbear. She plans on doing a Google search but I thought Overdrv might have some ideas since he lives a little bit north of there. Any thoughts? And, yes, I would like to meet you if you are around.

http://www.ontarioparks.com/park/killbear

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Wow, that place looks awesome! I need to plan a trip like this. That looks freakin sweet.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Wow, that place looks awesome! I need to plan a trip like this. That looks freakin sweet.
    It's not mentioned at the link I provided but I seem to recall Overdrv has a fancy bike with six seats and dispenses beer at every seat. They probably left that part off the web site because they were concerned about getting too many tourists up there.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    It's not mentioned at the link I provided but I seem to recall Overdrv has a fancy bike with six seats and dispenses beer at every seat. They probably left that part off the web site because they were concerned about getting too many tourists up there.
    LOL. Well as it is they are making Everest hikers take trash back down with them. So it's probably a good thing to limit the tourists. That said, can't go wrong with a six-seated, beer dispensing bike.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Killbear is nice but I would recommend Killarney Provincial Park. If you are set on Killbear I would at least recommend a lunch run to the best fish and chips in the world at Killarney right on the wharf. The fish is caught and loaded off the boat and goes right into the fryers.

As for the trailer rental I could help you with a local supplier for a rental trailer.
    Last edited by Overdrv; 03-10-2014 at 01:28 PM.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Ended up using the steel for the rear end of the racecar so no beer bike

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    Killbear is nice but I would recommend Killarney Provincial Park. If you are set on Killbear I would at least recommend a lunch run to the best fish and chips in the world at Killarney right on the wharf. The fish is caught and loaded off the boat and goes right into the fryers.

As for the trailer rental I could help you with a local supplier for a rental trailer.
    Good. I would appreciate a recommendation.

As for Killbear, the old family homestead is now part of that park so because of the personal connection, that is where we will be staying. As for the fish and chips, I am sure that is an option. I will pass on the information to her.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    Good. I would appreciate a recommendation.

As for Killbear, the old family homestead is now part of that park so because of the personal connection, that is where we will be staying. As for the fish and chips, I am sure that is an option. I will pass on the information to her.
    An old customer of mine was Northern RV it seem to me he rents trailers.

Northern RV
    2164 Falconbridge Hwy, Garson, ON P3L 1M2
    705-525-0779

Also for a more local trailer

www.aarvrentals.ca/rv-rentals-muskoka/

www.travelriterentals.on.ca/‎

Please do let me know when your coming I will most definitely come visit with a 6 pack in hand!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thanks, I will keep you posted.