Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have some new health related thoughts

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    For the most part, if you have a good diet, taking vitamins just makes expensive urine. But, who has a good diet 24/7?
    You have to look at your lifestyle to choose supplements wisely. I'm a pretty serious carnivore, so I don't worry about my vitamin B intake, but I spend most of my time indoors crouched over a keyboard or crawling around under desks or in a ceiling, so I take vitamin D supplements.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    You have to look at your lifestyle to choose supplements wisely. I'm a pretty serious carnivore, so I don't worry about my vitamin B intake, but I spend most of my time indoors crouched over a keyboard or crawling around under desks or in a ceiling, so I take vitamin D supplements.
    Yeah, until I retired, the only exercise I got was running off at the mouth and jumping to conclusions.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Yeah, until I retired, the only exercise I got was running off at the mouth and jumping to conclusions.
    Getting old kinda sucks, and I'm no longer sure it beats the alternative. In my younger days, I supported myself in college mostly by doing construction work and heavy labor. As a result, I've got a pretty fair catalog of injuries which are becoming increasingly annoying. Some days, getting up off the floor requires the help of a desk or chair for support. And let's not even start to talk about Presbyopia and my night vision.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Getting old kinda sucks, and I'm no longer sure it beats the alternative. In my younger days, I supported myself in college mostly by doing construction work and heavy labor. As a result, I've got a pretty fair catalog of injuries which are becoming increasingly annoying. Some days, getting up off the floor requires the help of a desk or chair for support. And let's not even start to talk about Presbyopia and my night vision.
    Wanna trade?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by jitBob View Post
    Wanna trade?
    speaking of which, how is everything going, Bob?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    speaking of which, how is everything going, Bob?
    Yes, I've been wondering about that too. So what's the latest? How's everything going?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Sorry guys for taking so long to reply. Had my last camera check in Feb and I guess no news is good news, at least he didn't say he wanted to cut on me. Now the big push is on hot and heavy to get me to pull my head out of the sand and start the BCG treatments. Insert live tuberculosis into my bladder to cause a local immune response. Sicker I get, the better it is working, only thing is, I kind of like having my head in the sand.

I will do it. Someday. Going to run out of excuses soon and people seem to want me to. Damn them! Besides, I'm still in training to be a crotchety old
    man and I'd hate to waste all that work because of a silly little thing like cancer.