I think the USPS has improved greatly over the years. While they are not perfect, I do think they offer a lot of bang for the buck when it comes to delivering packages.

When I buy something, I track the package to see where it is and when it will be to me. The other day, I bought a book on ebay. The seller is here in Grand Rapids but I did not bother asking if local pickup was available because I thought my time was worth more than the $5.01 it was going to cost to ship it to me. The seller is 25 miles from me. They are on the east side of Grand Rapids and I am on the west side. The package did not show up today so I tracked it. The package is in Pennsylvania. Huh?????? I realize the post office routes a lot of packages through Warrendale but it seems like common sense would prevail and this one would have never left Grand Rapids. The package is scheduled to be delivered on December 28 - a week after it was mailed to me from the other side of town.

Just for fun, I should mail a package via Media Mail to my neighbor. I wonder if that would still go to Pennsylvania.