Thread: So Who's Upgraded to Win10?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Well Hell! M$, in their infinite wisdom, decided to Update to Win10 on its own. I never told it to do that! I was very happy with my Win8.1!

It took almost 4 hours with all of the restarts, etc. And now, I'm on Win10. Wonderful. NOT!!!

It deleted, on its own, some programs that it determined were not compatible with Win10. WTF!!!

One of my primary clients uses a version of VMWare that is not compatible with Win10 yet.

Again, I never gave it permission to update to Win10. But evidently, if you have Updates set to Automatically Install, it will go ahead and Update to Win10 without your permission. What a royal crock!!!

I can see major litigation coming out of this fiasco from other users such as me.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    I can see major litigation coming out of this fiasco from other users such as me.
    Ummm.. nope. Refer to the EULA...
    6. Updates. The softwareperiodically checks for system and app updates, and downloads and installs them for you. You may obtain updates only from Microsoft or authorized sources, and Microsoft may need to update your system to provide you with those updates. By accepting this agreement, you agree to receive these types of automatic updates without any additional notice.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Ummm.. nope. Refer to the EULA...

...and Microsoft may need to update your system to provide you with those updates. By accepting this agreement, you agree to receive these types of automatic updates without any additional notice.
    That may be but I still don't like it. I kept clearing those dialogue boxes that kept trying to get me to update to Win10. And then, it went ahead and updated to Win10 anyway! And I still say it's a CROCK!!!

The system seems to be working fine since it has updated to Win10 but again, one of my main clients uses a version of VMWare and Workbooth that doesn't like Win10. That was the main reason I didn't want to update. When I try to log in, it says Win10 is not supported.