Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: HOME - Welcome back everyone !!!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Back.

Thanks Noo

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    The database is safely backed up. What I couldn't do is untangle it... believe me I tried. I can pull the text of any thread if people want it. The database I believe to be clean, but because of the multiple upgrades over its life I can't get the new version of vB to talk to it.

When my work load gets down to a dull roar, I will look at using the impex system to pull in the old posts if they are still wanted. I regret very much that I don't have the resources to manipulate the old database so it will work. For now, just pm me with your requests for the text of the thread you are interested in.
    It's just good to see the site online again, and I think we all appreciate the massive amount of work this must have taken. Thanks!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    I have a question. Will we get back all those years of posts? All the history that is FAR? I don't have a problem putting up money to get this site restored. I see value and nostalgia in what happened here. I think it should be preserved.
    Nice avatar. Somehow, I never suspected you suffered from Confuse-Ed envy.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    Aidan is doing well. Since the forum crashed we went on his make a wish trip to Give Kids The World which included Disney and Universal tickets. We had a great time and Universal really stood out from a customer service standpoint. They made him feel like a complete VIP. We got back from that trip and did his 2nd set of post treatment scans which were clean. He was supposed to have bloodwork done as well, but they were having trouble drawing it and he was on the verge of a panic attack (he's really needle phobic) so they gave him a pass on that until next time.

He's been back in school since the day they started back (which was the day after his port removal surgery) and doing great (straight A's)

He's due for more scans and blood work in March / April. Jamie and I try to put the fear of recurrence out of our minds and enjoy life, but occasionally it creeps back in and of course it gets worse the closer we get to scans.
    I'm glad Aidan is better. I hope that all your apprehensions about the next round of tests turn out to be unfounded and you only get more good news.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Nice avatar. Somehow, I never suspected you suffered from Confuse-Ed envy.
    <-------- Multiple personality disorder.....

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    <-------- Multiple personality disorder.....
    I think I wore out the old Cowboy many years ago, and I'm starting to feel the same way about my mummified giant walrus pizzle avatar as well. The walrus wang is appropriate on so many levels that I may keep it, but I'm leaning to using Pinky for my new avatar. Mass extinctions offer so many new possibilities.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Not sure what happened, but when I try to login it says my password is wrong. I've only ever used three passwords in my life for any forums, so I'm not sure what the f is going on, but I made a new name so that my voice can again be heard. Not going to say what my old name was, let's see if anyone can figure it out.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by imarolan12 View Post
    Not sure what happened, but when I try to login it says my password is wrong. I've only ever used three passwords in my life for any forums, so I'm not sure what the f is going on, but I made a new name so that my voice can again be heard. Not going to say what my old name was, let's see if anyone can figure it out.
    User accounts were re-created so the password will just be some mumbo-jumble, but you should be able to do a "forgot my password". I can reset it again if that doesn't work, but you'll need to tell me what your old username was.....I've wracked my brain until it hurts and can't come up with what it might have been.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    User accounts were re-created so the password will just be some mumbo-jumble, but you should be able to do a "forgot my password". I can reset it again if that doesn't work, but you'll need to tell me what your old username was.....I've wracked my brain until it hurts and can't come up with what it might have been.
    Fuggit, that's way too much work. I'll just keep the new name I guess.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    So I guess we'll never know you l who you used to be then....