Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
I wouldn't. They break too easy. You are better off with a pair that does not compact. Hinge points on something that can be accidentally dropped or crushed are never a good idea. Plus you are paying way too much for a name. There is absolutely nothing special about those headphones. If your heart is set on Beats, go look at them and get a pair with a beefier build.
I honestly don't even care what brand I get. But just one thing,... what are your thoughts on bluetooth headphones? Like Beats Solo2 wireless or equivalent. Are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
One other comment on this. If you want bass response, you can get it from the in ear but it really matters what style in ear you get. There are some really nice in ear that are basically earplugs. They sound fantastic, but I would not go running with them because they eliminate all surrounding noises so you want hear traffic.
I actually have a few pairs of the in-ear kind but I don't like how it feels with the thing in my ear. So I've been hoping to find something over the ear. As for running, I haven't been running/hiking for awhile. But if I do go again, that's another thing -- I hate the wire. I want wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
That's the thing. To get that really good bass, you gotta have the big, heavy, over-the-ear noise cancelling thingies. I used to have a pair of headphones by Koss. They were dynamite.
Yeah,... that's what I want. Good, over the ear bass. Maybe I'll take a trip to Fry's and see if there's anything on display.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
I've had a pair of Panasonic for 15 years. Paid $40 then, you can find similar or slightly better in the $50 range. We were using similar (branded Technics) in the radio.
These should be comparable: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-H.../dp/B004MMEI8W
I saw something about those on a youtube review recently. Those do seem decent. I wonder how these companies come up with the prices though. I mean, why is one headphone set $40 but then another is $150 and yet another is $300. What's the difference? They all kinda seem the same to me.