Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    As I said, England are pretyy cr*p right now. Surprised about Spain though. Really enjoyed seeing the US coverage of football on ESPN. The commentator on the matches is a well know UK commentator and he's fantastic, but the half time stuff from your American guys is really funny as the language used is completely unlike what I'm used to. What we found is that many more Americans are into the sport than we thought would be. Bars in NYC were full of Americans watching all the big games and in Vegas the US match was celebrated by everyone.

Unlucky against Portugal yesterday, still think you'll get through with a draw against Germany.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazzak View Post

Unlucky against Portugal yesterday, still think you'll get through with a draw against Germany.
    if the US and Germany are smart, they'll come to an unspoken agreement to draw 0-0 and both move on.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    if the US and Germany are smart, they'll come to an unspoken agreement to draw 0-0 and both move on.
    Honestly that's unlikely. Germany playing too well. Plus it may be a "revenge" type of thing given that the US coach is German...

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    Oh man,... that would be awesome! They should!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I gotta admit I've been watching and yes, it's pretty exciting. I don't have cable or dish so I can't get ESPN. But the local Univision station runs two or three games a day. I can't understand hardly anything they're saying but the games have been good overall.

And yeah, having the USA giving up that last goal with 30 seconds to go was a real heartbreaker!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    As I said, England are pretyy cr*p right now. Surprised about Spain though. Really enjoyed seeing the US coverage of football on ESPN. The commentator on the matches is a well know UK commentator and he's fantastic, but the half time stuff from your American guys is really funny as the language used is completely unlike what I'm used to. What we found is that many more Americans are into the sport than we thought would be. Bars in NYC were full of Americans watching all the big games and in Vegas the US match was celebrated by everyone.

Yup. It's been soccer fever here. But it's not normally like this. Only for the World Cup. Americans still generally don't care about soccer otherwise. I wish they would do more to promote MLS though. Go Earthquakes! I enjoy watching it.

That said, yesterday was a heartbreaker. Oh well. Good game though.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    half time stuff from your American guys is really funny as the language used is completely unlike what I'm used to.
    Well, I watch a shitload of British Drama and Crime shows, and I often have to keep English Subtitles turned on to follow many of them. Crikey! Even the bloody Aussies are easier to understand, mate!
    Last edited by slgrieb; 06-26-2014 at 05:04 AM.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Well, I watch a shitload of British Drama and Crime shows, and I often have to keep English Subtitles turned on to follow many of them. Crikey! Even the bloody Aussies are easier to understand, mate!
    The English and the Americans

Two peoples separated by a common language

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrv View Post
    The English and the Americans

Two peoples separated by a common language
    Many people bitch about dealing with Indian tech support centers, but I pity the poor support guy who has to deal with all the dialects of English he's confronted with.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Many people bitch about dealing with Indian tech support centers, but I pity the poor support guy who has to deal with all the dialects of English he's confronted with.
    Everwatch the I.T Crowd