Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So that's what a heart attack feels like?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Say what you want guys, but the medical community has "no rational explanation" for not only me being alive, but also for the fact that there is no evidence of infarct any more, which was only 14 months after my heart attack. Chaga is real, and has been a "folk remedy" for centuries, but if you look it up, you will find it to be not only an incredibly strong antioxidant, but anti-inflammatory as well. And when it comes from the subarctic, it is at its most potent. That is certainly where mine comes from.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekboy View Post
    Say what you want guys, but the medical community has "no rational explanation" for not only me being alive, but also for the fact that there is no evidence of infarct any more, which was only 14 months after my heart attack. Chaga is real, and has been a "folk remedy" for centuries, but if you look it up, you will find it to be not only an incredibly strong antioxidant, but anti-inflammatory as well. And when it comes from the subarctic, it is at its most potent. That is certainly where mine comes from.
    In any case, I'm glad you didn't die.With every passing year my list of surviving friends gets shorter. I did do some research on Chaga, and it was interesting.

On the other hand, did you consider that maybe God decided it wasn't your time to die? I'm not particularly religious, but I've had experiences that make me believe in an after life and a higher power.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    On the other hand, did you consider that maybe God decided it wasn't your time to die?
    You know, I've been debating with myself over this. Why did my wife die of heart failure in 2012 but I survived my scare in 2014? Was it devine intervention? Was I just not as overweight as my wife was and had a better chance of survival? I think they call it survivor's remorse: why did I survive while the other person didn't? I've gotten over it for the most part but it did eat at me for a while.

I'm convinced that one of us needs to stay alive to see our grandkids born. Neither one of our kids is married yet but they are cohabitating so I guess anything's possible. I just feel that I don't have a whole lot of more time to wait. ;-)

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSon View Post
    You know, I've been debating with myself over this. Why did my wife die of heart failure in 2012 but I survived my scare in 2014? Was it devine intervention? Was I just not as overweight as my wife was and had a better chance of survival? I think they call it survivor's remorse: why did I survive while the other person didn't? I've gotten over it for the most part but it did eat at me for a while.

I'm convinced that one of us needs to stay alive to see our grandkids born. Neither one of our kids is married yet but they are cohabitating so I guess anything's possible. I just feel that I don't have a whole lot of more time to wait. ;-)
    Well, I haven't lived a life that is holy by anyone's standards, but I've got Elder Child in the Navy, and Younger Child just got an Associate of Arts degree and is headed off to the University of North Texas in the fall, so I while I have a shitload of regrets, I wouldn't mind packing it in.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

It occurs to me that we are maybe getting a little morbid here. It's not like I'm eager to die, I just don't fear death anymore. Hell, I've already outlived my own father. Grandkids. Well neither of my daughters is particularly interested in men. Or women, or farm animals for that matter. EC had a guy that she was pretty serious about after she met him in Basic, but that didn't work out.

I guess I'm hanging around mostly because EC plans to do her time in the Navy, then go to work for the NSA or a private firm and make a six figure salary. Then, she can afford to buy me the Ferrari I deserve for being such a wonderful father.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    It occurs to me that we are maybe getting a little morbid here. It's not like I'm eager to die, I just don't fear death anymore. Hell, I've already outlived my own father. Grandkids. Well neither of my daughters is particularly interested in men. Or women, or farm animals for that matter. EC had a guy that she was pretty serious about after she met him in Basic, but that didn't work out.

I guess I'm hanging around mostly because EC plans to do her time in the Navy, then go to work for the NSA or a private firm and make a six figure salary. Then, she can afford to buy me the Ferrari I deserve for being such a wonderful father.
    Skip the Ferrari, and opt for a 5 star nursing home.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    Skip the Ferrari, and opt for a 5 star nursing home.
    Nah, I want the Ferrari to drive to Walmart and the grocery store at 35 or 40 miles an hour.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    ... Why did my wife die of heart failure in 2012 but I survived my scare in 2014? ...
    There's a lot of information coming out about the differences between women and men and heart disease. The warning signs for men and women are totally different. So while the medical community has been spouting all this information about the *sign to look for* it turns out they are only relevant to men. Women have completely different warning signs and, well, are easily ignored.

I'm glad you've gotten over it. You deserve to give your self a break. Also, you never know how much time you have to wait. You could have another 30 years in front of you.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by northbayteky View Post
    There's a lot of information coming out about the differences between women and men and heart disease. The warning signs for men and women are totally different. So while the medical community has been spouting all this information about the *sign to look for* it turns out they are only relevant to men. Women have completely different warning signs and, well, are easily ignored.

I'm glad you've gotten over it. You deserve to give your self a break. Also, you never know how much time you have to wait. You could have another 30 years in front of you.
    First off, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. Means a lot to me.

Back on subject on what a heart attack feels like. My "episode" began in the middle of the night. It woke me up; feeling a pain/spasm that ran all the way across the top of my chest...about armpit high. I wasn't feeling light headed or anything. Got up out of bed, walked around the house for a bit and it went away so I went back to bed. Around 6:30 AM it woke me up again. Again, I wasn't really in pain or anything but I knew something was wrong so I called 911 and they came and got me. Around noontime that same day, they went in with the idea of inserting a stint and send me on my way. But the doc looked at it and said, "I can't fix this. We'll need to do surgery." The next morning, they did the quadruple bypass. The pain and suffering from that major surgery was absolute hell and wouldn't want to wish that on anybody. But I healed up fairly quickly and doing great.

My wife passed away in Sept, 2012. Six years prior, she had a stint put in and she recovered really quickly. In January of 2012, she got the flu real bad and since it was the weekend and she had a history of heart problems, we went into the ER. The ER doc made us feel stupid for bringing her into the ER even after I explained about her heart history. On Wednesday night, Sept 5th she got violently sick and threw up her meal. I found out later that that is a symptom of a heart attack in women. She seemed to get better tho and was taking fluids and eating fine until Friday afternoon at 1PM. She got up to go to the bathroom and collapsed. I tried CPR but she went too fast. I called 911 but she was flat lining when they hooked her up to the machine. Justice of the Peace and the funeral home people showed up and everybody was gone by 4:30. I just sat there alone on the front porch with our dogs and bawled my eyes out.

So yes, symptoms are often quite different in women than in men. Don't take chances. Call 911 ASAP!.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    And this is a perfect example of why people don't trust doctors. No reason for the doctor to make you feel anything other than relief when you go to the ER. Sorry for your loss.
    When you're left out of the club, you know it. When you're in the club, you don't see what the problem is.

I am Green-Eyed.