Donate
    I don't think you can uninstall 10 and revert back to 7

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile PC View Post
    I don't think you can uninstall 10 and revert back to 7
    You can do it within 30 days of installing Win10. If you navigate to the Settings Menu, and then click Updates and Security, then Recovery, you will see an option to revert to the previous version of Windows. I've done this two or three times, all of them without problems. Outside of the 30 day grace period it's back to a clean installation. Again, my experience suggests that anyone having problems with the Windows 10 upgrades, either didn't take the time to check potential compatibility issues, or had malware. Possibly a FUBAR Windows installation; and upgrade installations seldom fix those.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    You can do it within 30 days of installing Win10. If you navigate to the Settings Menu, and then click Updates and Security, then Recovery, you will see an option to revert to the previous version of Windows. I've done this two or three times, all of them without problems. Outside of the 30 day grace period it's back to a clean installation. Again, my experience suggests that anyone having problems with the Windows 10 upgrades, either didn't take the time to check potential compatibility issues, or had malware. Possibly a FUBAR Windows installation; and upgrade installations seldom fix those.
    At the same time, I think Microsoft really needs to back off the damn sales pitch for Windows 10! MS really needs to provide a clear and obvious message about potential software and hardware issues, and explicit directions to run the Windows 10 Comparability Checker before installing the upgrade. See http://www.zdnet.com/article/will-yo...r-to-find-out/
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Thanks for the knowledge!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    I have no idea what his "issues" are and right now don't really care. Knowing him, I'm guessing it means his Dale Earnhardt Jr. wallpaper isn't there, or incredimail isn't playing the right stupid sound when he gets email or something equally stupid....
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    I have no idea what his "issues" are and right now don't really care. Knowing him, I'm guessing it means his Dale Earnhardt Jr. wallpaper isn't there, or incredimail isn't playing the right stupid sound when he gets email or something equally stupid....
    ha ha.
    The MIL upgraded and her docking station stopped working. I rolled it back and got everything to work right again.
    a few weeks later it was back to windows 10. because "It's free....."

so the money I spent on a docking station for her is wasted........but hey she's got a free OS......

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    ha ha.
    The MIL upgraded and her docking station stopped working. I rolled it back and got everything to work right again.

so the money I spent on a docking station for her is wasted........but hey she's got a free OS......
    LOL. Reminds me of another funny thing my FIL does. He gets all excited about "senior citizens discounts" so he drives about 20 miles round-trip to a local chip factory to buy chips there because he gets 10% off and the retail stores don't offer the discount. On a $7.50 box of chips he saves 75 cents over what he'd pay in the store......and drives 20 miles to get it!
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    LOL. Reminds me of another funny thing my FIL does. He gets all excited about "senior citizens discounts" so he drives about 20 miles round-trip to a local chip factory to buy chips there because he gets 10% off and the retail stores don't offer the discount. On a $7.50 box of chips he saves 75 cents over what he'd pay in the store......and drives 20 miles to get it!
    genius. gotta love the "logic"

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    ha ha.

For what it's worth, just about any Win 8.1 device driver will work with 10, and on a couple of new machines recently, I've just installed Win7 drivers that worked OK. But it's worth repeating, MS needs to back off on the sales pitch. BTW, currently, you can do a clean installation and activation with a Win7 or 8.x product id., so you no longer have to update, then activate, then perform a clean install.
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    You can install Win7ProSP3 OEM using Daz loader then install the upgrade to 10 and it will generate a valid installation key on their server for reinstalls to the same system.
    Last edited by archer; 12-23-2015 at 11:25 PM. Reason: upgrade