Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What are the best headphones to get?

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 74AD View Post
    I know this is super old but I wanted to chime in because I recently went to an IT event and won a pair of bose qc 20i acoustic noise canceling earbuds. I gave a lot of consideration to selling them on ebay but decided that I rarely ever get things that nice so what the hell I'd keep them.

BELIEVE the hype. these things sound GREAT and feel great. I used them while cutting the grass and the noise canceling feature made my tractor sound like an electric weed whacker! They are really comfortable and stay in place quite well. My only complaint is the noise canceling circuitry is in a bulky box type thing which is more than a bit impractical for "on the go" applications (I'd never run with them) but for work, airplanes etc....these things are amazing!
    Wow, that's cool. Just googled them quick and that's the only way I'd ever own a pair too because I'd never be able to drop $300 on a pair of headphones.
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    Wow, that's cool. Just googled them quick and that's the only way I'd ever own a pair too because I'd never be able to drop $300 on a pair of headphones.
    yeah I pretty much don't spend more than $20 on headphones ever. these things are a treat.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Congrats on the win! About the only thing I've ever won that I really wanted was a cardboard space helmet from an area TV station when I was a kid. The mail truck delivering the helmet crashed and burned. Seriously. So it's neat that you got a nice bit of gear for free. You deserve it. Karma, Bubba.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I know this is super old but I wanted to chime in because I recently went to an IT event and won a pair of bose qc 20i acoustic noise canceling earbuds. I gave a lot of consideration to selling them on ebay but decided that I rarely ever get things that nice so what the hell I'd keep them.

BELIEVE the hype. these things sound GREAT and feel great. I used them while cutting the grass and the noise canceling feature made my tractor sound like an electric weed whacker! They are really comfortable and stay in place quite well. My only complaint is the noise canceling circuitry is in a bulky box type thing which is more than a bit impractical for "on the go" applications (I'd never run with them) but for work, airplanes etc....these things are amazing!
    That's cool! Actually this is still something I'm thinking about. I'm going to check out those Bose that mentioned above. I hadn't heard of those before. Sounds cool.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    That's cool! Actually this is still something I'm thinking about. I'm going to check out those Bose that mentioned above. I hadn't heard of those before. Sounds cool.
    They looks awesome, and I'm sure I'd love them, but I'd never put that kind of money out for headphones. Not because I don't think they're worth it, but because of a couple of other reasons. One being that I have a tendency to fall asleep with them in and have gotten them caught a time or two alongside the bed and ripped the cords before, the other I have left them lay on the bed and the stupid dog has chewed them to shreds. If either of those happened to a pair of $200 - $300 earbuds I'd either be very pissed or have a dead dog.....
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fingersalute View Post
    They looks awesome, and I'm sure I'd love them, but I'd never put that kind of money out for headphones. Not because I don't think they're worth it, but because of a couple of other reasons. One being that I have a tendency to fall asleep with them in and have gotten them caught a time or two alongside the bed and ripped the cords before, the other I have left them lay on the bed and the stupid dog has chewed them to shreds. If either of those happened to a pair of $200 - $300 earbuds I'd either be very pissed or have a dead dog.....
    I think I have similar issues with this. First, I definitely want a good set of headphones but at the same time I have a really hard time justifying spending $300 for them. And all the ones I want seem to be at least $200 or more. Here's what I keep hoping I'll find:

My headphone requirements:
    - Over the ear
    - Wireless
    - Decent sound quality
    - Cost = $50-$75
    - Not too big and bulky

The Beats Solo2 Wireless are pretty close but I hate how big and plasticky and clunky they are and they are way too expensive.

These would be perfect if 1> they were wireless and 2> they weren't $300: http://www.amazon.com/Bose-QuietComf...E3AD57RC0G9K30

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I got http://www.amazon.com/SoundBot%C2%AE.../dp/B00EDPW2Q8
    They are NOT awesome, but they are good for $16 shipped. I'm using them at work and gym.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    They are NOT awesome, but they are good for $16 shipped. I'm using them at work and gym.
    I have the exact same and very similar model (multiple pairs) I run in them and I love them. They sound good enough for me and no wires to mess around with. When they die or I lose or break them (as I have done) I don't feel the least bit bad about getting another pair!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
    Those actually seem pretty cool. Only thing is that I'm not a fan of the part that wraps over the top of the ear. I actually do have headphones right now that use that wrap around the ear like that. When I want to watch a movie loud, I use my headphones. So I'll run a long audio extension cable from the TV and use the headphones I have. But what sucks is when I'm wearing glasses that top wrap around part makes it awkward to wear glasses. Also after an hour of wearing those my ears start to hurt.

On another level, those earbuds that stick way into the ear bother me. I just don't like the feeling of those long bits of plastic jamming into my ear.

Hence why I'm looking for over the ear headphones -- but ones that don't wrap around the ear.

Also, is it just me or am I within my rights to be skeptical of a product that is selling for $16.99 but "lists" for $99? I feel like there must be something I'm missing. That said, $16.99 for a pair of bluetooth headphones can't be beat. That's a steal.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    I have the exact same and very similar model (multiple pairs) I run in them and I love them. They sound good enough for me and no wires to mess around with. When they die or I lose or break them (as I have done) I don't feel the least bit bad about getting another pair!
    Yeah that's the part I hate is the wire. Whatever I end up getting should definitely be wireless. That cord flapping around while out on a job is the worst.