Thread: Ain't No Cure For The Browser War Blues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Netflix uses HTML5 in Chrome and Internet Exploder.

Internet Explorer 11 or later on Windows 8.1 or later
    Safari on Mac OSX 10.10 or later (Yosemite)
    Supported on all 2012 or later models and select 2011 models
    Google Chrome version 37 or later on Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later and Mac OSX 10.6 or later (Snow Leopard)

Still fucked with Firefox
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Larommi View Post
    Still fucked with Firefox
    Actually, my video quality with Firefox on both Netflix and Amazon is far, far better than what I get in Chrome. If I watch an Amazon Prime video in Chrome, I get a brief display of an explicit message suggesting it would better in Silverlight, and the result certainly bears that out. But, again there's more to it than that. As I mentioned, it's problems with page display, presumably scripting issues, etc. Some clients run software that won't work with any version of IE beyond version 9... And won't work with anything other than IE. At a time when browsers should be more consistent in supporting current standards, and more uniform in basic performance, it seems that isn't happening.
    Last edited by slgrieb; 07-27-2015 at 01:42 AM.
    Yes, Mr. Death... I'll play you a game! But not CHESS !!! BAH... FOOEY! My game is...
    WIFFLEBALL!

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb View Post
    Actually, my video quality with Firefox on both Netflix and Amazon is far, far better than what I get in Chrome. If I watch an Amazon Prime video in Chrome, I get a brief display of an explicit message suggesting it would better in Silverlight, and the result certainly bears that out. But, again there's more to it than that. As I mentioned, it's problems with page display, presumably scripting issues, etc. Some clients run software that won't work with any version of IE beyond version 9... And won't work with anything other than IE. At a time when browsers should be more consistent in supporting current standards, and more uniform in basic performance, it seems that isn't happening.
    I run so many addons, it seems like nothing loads and displays correctly. I do agree with you for the most part...I use FF and Chrome and switch between them depending on what I am doing. It is kind of a pain, but i fondly remember the mess that Nutscrape turned into back in the day and i think I have it pretty good.
    "But I got it because I'm an iSheep who needs to have all my stuff have an Apple logo on it."