Thread: Tipping for haircuts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    What's the salon at Walmart charge? Prior to my recent change, my wife and I went to the same place. For me, they washed my hair and cut it for $16. I was in and out in 15 minutes. My wife is certainly in the chair longer but how long depends on what they are doing that day. A color for example takes a lot longer. She definitely pays more than $16 but how much it is varies. The new place I went to last night is for men only. The wet my hair with a spray bottle and then cut it. Again, I was in and out in 15 minutes. It cost $13.

vCash
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle-Project View Post
    What's the salon at Walmart charge? Prior to my recent change, my wife and I went to the same place. For me, they washed my hair and cut it for $16. I was in and out in 15 minutes. My wife is certainly in the chair longer but how long depends on what they are doing that day. A color for example takes a lot longer. She definitely pays more than $16 but how much it is varies. The new place I went to last night is for men only. The wet my hair with a spray bottle and then cut it. Again, I was in and out in 15 minutes. It cost $13.
    Pretty sure it's $14, although typically when I go I have a $2 or $3 off coupon they email me. When I take my daughter, it's the exact same price although she's getting cut, washed, dried and styled.

That just reminded me, one time years ago when I was a teenager, a stylist at walmart asked if I wanted my "beard" neatened up. At that time I had a tiny little bit of fuzz on my chin, I said "sure" and she literally probably snipped the scissors 3 times and I got a $9 "beard and mustache" trim on my bill....
    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." - Jim Morrison